This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida Test

RiceGuy

RiceGuy Collaborator

Hi everyone.

I ran into this easy home test for candida, and just had to post it. I've never heard of this before. It just uses an ordinary glass of water - nothing to buy!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MELINE Enthusiast
Hi everyone.

I ran into this easy home test for candida, and just had to post it. I've never heard of this before. It just uses an ordinary glass of water - nothing to buy!

I've done it and it is working. I've checked it with my friend who is healthty and his test prooves it. But there was a post on the forum that said that the test is not reliable and that if you go and check it with healthy people you will see that the results show that they are not healthy.....I would like to hear if you had that test, and what were your results.

For me, saliva goes down in the first 2 seconds.

Meline

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Everyone has candida...its a normal part of our intestinal environment. Many people with no health issues will test "positive" for yeast in the spit test. Also, consuming something "yeasty" such as beer would increase the amount of yeast in the spit test. It doesnt mean candida overgrowth is an issue.

Its not a valid test since we all have candida and at certain times will "fail" the spit test. People have even tested their dog's saliva and OMG...the dog has candida too!

A blood antibody test would be a more reliable way to determine whether or not candida is a problem. Stool tests are less reliable.

MELINE Enthusiast
Everyone has candida...its a normal part of our intestinal environment. Many people with no health issues will test "positive" for yeast in the spit test. Also, consuming something "yeasty" such as beer would increase the amount of yeast in the spit test. It doesnt mean candida overgrowth is an issue.

Its not a valid test since we all have candida and at certain times will "fail" the spit test. People have even tested their dog's saliva and OMG...the dog has candida too!

A blood antibody test would be a more reliable way to determine whether or not candida is a problem. Stool tests are less reliable.

I remember now....It was you!!! You posted that objection again in the past, am I right????

I've been repeating the test for 1 month EVERY day and it is always the same results....saliva goes down in the first 2seconds. My friend's test is clear always. Doesn't this mean anything?????? I think it does. But of course you are so right, we need to run blood test to be sure

MELINE Enthusiast

check this out. there is a discussion about how reliable the home spit test is.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I remember now....It was you!!! You posted that objection again in the past, am I right????

I've been repeating the test for 1 month EVERY day and it is always the same results....saliva goes down in the first 2seconds. My friend's test is clear always. Doesn't this mean anything?????? I think it does. But of course you are so right, we need to run blood test to be sure

It probably was me. This isnt the first time the spit test has been brought up.

Its unreliable. If you really want to know FOR SURE get the bloodwork done. I had stool tests which were inconsistent and not very reliable and then finally when one of my Dr.'s ordered bloodwork the antibodies were through the roof....one of the highest she'd seen in her patients. There is no question when you get the bloodwork done.

I've had healthy people do the spit test and they all tested positive.

I'm not saying that you dont have a candida problem....just saying that you should get tested properly to be certain.

Also, if you've read my past posts you will see that I've also brought up the fact that candida is a symptom of underlying issues which weaken the immune system. Its an opportunistic yeast which does not overgrow when the body is healthy with no underlying issues. The immune system does not allow yeast to overgrow and become pathogenic unless something else is allowing for the situation to take place.

If you have a chronic candida problem which is difficult to resolve its a symptom that something is not right...you cant really "get rid" of the candida until you address the underlying issue.

The diet along with antifungal treatments can help to manage the symptoms but the candida will come right back when you stop if the underlying issue remains unresolved.

I havent ever seen anyone "conquer" candida without first treating the issues that are allowing the yeast to flourish. However, I HAVE seen many many people remain on the anti-candida for years in order to keep the yeast in check...they are never able to get off the diet and antifungals completely without having the yeast come back.

Candida is BIG money for people who are offering supplements. All of those supplements are helpful but they are not a cure.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Rachel - What have you done for your Lyme?

Mercury toxicity?

And most importantly, is it working?

Did it bring down your Candida antibodies?

Symptoms?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RiceGuy Collaborator

I think it is important to keep in mind that yeast grows. Therefor, the longer you wait, the more positive the test is likely to appear. That is, until there isn't anything left for the yeast to live on.

So IMO there would be a time limit to the reliability. I think that's why they specify doing the test first thing when you wake up, before eating anything. And to check the glass up to one hour. That way the yeast will not likely grow so much.

I would like to hear if you had that test, and what were your results.

For me, saliva goes down in the first 2 seconds.

I just found it, so have not yet tried, but will definitely try it and post back.

IMO, 2 seconds seems very positive, considering the full duration of the test is an hour.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Well, I tried the test, and I think it was negative, thankfully. However, the spit didn't want to stay in the middle and gravitated to the side of the glass. I tried three times. So I'll try again tomorrow.

Knowing how it feels to have candida, I don't believe that I have it now though. Looking at my regular diet, there seems to be plenty of anti-candida foods present.

Archived