Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Dd Doesn't Have An Absorption Problem,

I posted about 3 wks ago about my dd that possibly had a vitamin K deficiency. Her blood isn't clotting fast enough. she has bruises all over her legs (and recenlty they are showing up on her arms) and her gums sometimes bleed.

The hematologist is ordering another very special blood test to check out her platelets. We have to drive nearly 2 hrs away for a 9am appt. on Monday to do this blood work. It can only be done in the AM. She hasn't really told us yet what she is looking for, but the Vit. K defeciency has been ruled out. She doesn't think that it is a bleeding disorder because my dd has had ear tubes put in twice and her adenoids removed without any problems.

Please pray for my little girl! I am so worried about her. And she HATES blood draws, and every time we go in, they have to do another blood draw. She just screams and begs for a bandaid. She turns 3 on Friday. She is too young to understand why we have to keep taking her to this dr that keeps hurting her. Please just keep her in your thoughts.

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I will pray for her, and you. I know how hard it is to watch our children suffer. I am 32 and I HATE needles(it is the reason I did not attempt to get a formal diagnosis).

Good luck, I hope you find out what is going on and that it is easily fixable.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

My son is four and does not understand why they are doing xrays and has to have his blood drawed and on June 19th has to go though a complete clean out and will not be able to eat after 5:00 June 18th. He is having a GI scope done on the 20th.

Anyways i understand and i wish you all well.

maria