Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juliebove

Allergy Free Foods

I placed an order online from them for some gravy mix and faux cheese. I know I can make gravy from scratch, but it is nice to have something quick to fix. And they had a cream gravy. I was craving chicken fried steak. I tried the beef and loved it. Daughter said she didn't like it as much as she does my regular gravy. Odd though, she ate enough of it! The only difference I noticed was that it was much creamier than what I make. I made hamburger gravy with it and this time the only veg. I added was onion. I often add mushrooms, celery and/or Swiss Chard. So that could be why the flavor seemed different to her.

Tonight we had pizza. The pizza cheese is soooo good! Much more pizza-y than the rice cheese we normally use. I got some slices of American cheese. They were okay but no better than the rice cheese we can get at the health food store. I make the pizza using the small rice crusts from Ener-G. Top with some olive oil, tomato sauce straight from the can, bit of Italian seasoning and the cheese. Sometimes put Pepperoni, Ham or Canadian Bacon on daughter's or some veggies on mine.

Have yet to try the Parmesan but will be very happy if it is good.

Their website says their products are available at Kroger and other stores. We have store that are owned by Kroger here, but I haven't seen these products.

If you do order, be prepared to wait. For some reason it takes 4-6 weeks. The cheese happened to come on a very hot day and the cold pack enclosed was just barely cool. So I might wait until the weather is cooler to order again.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We love their chicken products, esp. the nuggets. You get alot in the package(of nuggets). Krogers around us carried them for a while, and at $1.99 a bag for a long time, but have stopped and only one store that I know of has them now :( and they're $5 something.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

We just tried the Parmesan tonight. Oh wow! Not only did it taste like the real thing, but it SMELLED like the real thing. I only wish they could have put it in a better container than the plastic bag it came in. It's not a resealable bag.

I was getting to the point of thinking I would puke if I had to face another plate of pasta. I had been using Parma!. It was okay but daughter wouldn't eat it. And I think we've been eating too much pasta because the last few times I made it there were a lot of leftovers. Nobody really wanted it. But tonight, daughter wolfed down her plate and went back for seconds. I wish I could have had seconds, but I'm diabetic and have to watch my carb intake.

I will certainly be placing another order for this cheese and this time I will get all the flavors. :D

how big are the cheeses? it doesn't say on the site? wondering how much i should order....

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.