Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

A Poop Question

My son is gluten intolerant and he recently had white poop, as I was told by my mom who was babysitting him. I am pretty sure that I have seen this once before, and his poop also has things floating on the edges of it, like ruffles floating in the water off of an otherwise normal consistency poop, anyone have this experience before and know what it means? He does not always have the ruffles only on occasion, he does suffer with consitpation, he only goes once every 3-4 days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I believe that can indicate liver problems. You should talk to his pediatrician right away.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

could be fat malabsorption?

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

hi,

my son had a white poop once, but I did not see it. The other kids did and verified it was white!!! He does not have digestive problems at all. He is not on a gluten free diet nor has been tested. I plan on it though because of other symptoms.

I googled white poop and it did not sound good. Luckily he never had it again and it has been a long time now.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008