Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KristaleeJane

So Much Pain In My Shoulder & Neck

So to try and sum up my story, I have been having health issues since I was 16, and I am now 28. The pain I am in right now is unbearable pain in my left shoulder blade, shooting up to my neck.

I have had pain in my back for the past 8 years, had an x-ray 7 years ago which showed muscle spasms and loss of cervical lordosis. The pain has never went away, it moves around, from shoulder to shoulder and in my neck, and a lot of the time will turn into a migrane.

I have tried physio, chiropractors, medication and many other holistic treatments

I was diagnosed with celiac in Mar 08, and have been strictly gluten free since then, all my stomach and bowel issues have went away, but my back is getting worse. I am missing work, cannot function, and am in so much pain from my back.

I have a doctors appointment today, and I am don't know where to start with this, what types of tests should I ask for to find out what is wrong with me. I am thinking arthritis, osteopenia, or who knows, it really feels like my bones are hitting one another, or like someone is stabbing me constantly.

Please anyone have any advise on what to ask my doctor for (MRI, Bone density, blood work?)

Where do I start??

thanks

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The traveling back and shoulder pain is something I can identify with. It eventually got debilitating before I figured out what it was. There were a few major factors involved, including nightshades, and a deficiency in magnesium and B12.

As for tests, I'd say get checked for intolerances, allergies, and nutrient deficiencies.

I'm sure others will have some good advice for you.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Another thing to consider, and I say this from experience, is TMJ dysfunction. I was diagnosed with it about 5 years ago. Until I was fitted with a bite guard, I had terrible headaches that began in the lower skull and the pain travelled to my neck and upper back.

For some reason, when I get glutened, it gets worse.....I think it has something to do with the anxiety and tension.

I was diagnosed by and ear, nose and throat doctor.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks.....I went to the doc and she put me on some sort of muscle relaxer and celebrex, and also gave me some sort of topical liquid for the shoulder. She said it was muscle spasm, and its caused by tension.

I told her how long this has been bothering me and she said that since I did show loss of cervical lordosis at one point she would scheduale a C-scan to look at my spine, she is also doing blood work for rhematiod too.

When I metioned arthritis and osteopenia, she said no it wouldn't be that, and said that celiacs tend to have trouble with connective tissue and that she would look into that first.

thanks

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.