Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Does anyone have a recipe for apple cinnamon muffins? My daughter likes banana chocolate chip muffins, but won't eat the blueberry or pumpkin ones I've tried, so I thought I'd try apple since it's a mild flavor and she used to love apple cereal bars. Any good recipes out there? Thanks!

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest AutumnE

I don't have a specific recipe for them but you could use a cake mix (white or yellow) and add apples and cinnamon to the mix. I used to make a apple struedel that way with granny smith's cut up on the bottom of the 13x9 and cake mix (yellow but could use white) along with cinnamon and butter melted and mixed in. I would get the recipe but I'm not quite sure where I have it. I sometimes would drizzle melted caramel on top of it.

Go to eatingglutenfree.com Then go to recipes, breads. Bette Hagman has a recipe for Streusel Topped Apple Muffins that someone said was good. I haven't yet tried them. Here is a wonderful apple cake recipe that is sooo good. Recipezaar#174346. I used part sorghum flour, its healthier and works well. Also there is a muffin thread on June 14th, its on page 12 right now. I posted a really good recipe for oatmeal muffins that has applesauce and chocolate chips on the thread called "Quick Oats in Recipes" on June 11th(on page 13 for now). They taste like an oatmeal cookie and have healthy ingredients. Have you tried making mini muffins? Kids love 'em ;)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Super easy--

2c applesauce

4 eggs or 3/4c whites

2tsp cinnamon

1tsp vanilla

1/3c sugar

2c Pamela's mix

mix all ingredients, bake 350 for 20-25 min. My kids love these

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Would Bob's all purpose flour work instead of Pamela's mix???

Yeah, but you'd probably want to add maybe a 1/2c oil to make up for the almond flour. And if you like the taste of Bob's, go for it!! ;) I made them last week with my own gluten-free blend and they were really good, but a little dry, so I just had to add butter :P Next time I'll add the oil-I had run out of Pamela's and my next shipment wasn't delivered till the following day--the horror :lol:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Super easy--

2c applesauce

4 eggs or 3/4c whites

2tsp cinnamon

1tsp vanilla

1/3c sugar

2c Pamela's mix

mix all ingredients, bake 350 for 20-25 min. My kids love these

Sounds so good...I have applesauce I need to use up and some egg whites I just put in the freezer today. Your recipe hits the spot :rolleyes:

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Making these right now thanks so much! B)

lovelove

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Here is an amazing recipe! I have made it for several family brunches and all of my gluten-eating relatives raved about them. Once my aunt even stole the leftovers from me when I was leaving and handed me my empty plate :)

http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/recipes_bread/#amuffins

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.