This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Probiotics

irish

irish Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a blotted stomach all the time. I can't see to loose it. I heard a number of people say they take probiotics and it helps them. I would like to know which one. I am going out of my mind.

Loretta

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfmolly Contributor

I take Floragen and have noticed a difference in my symptoms. I take it in the morning before I eat anything. Best wishes!

irish Contributor

Thank you so much gfmolly for your help. I how much floragen do you take. I will make an appointment with my doctor so he can give me a prescription. Loretta

irish Contributor

Thank you so much gfmolly for your help. How much floragen do you take. I will make an appointment with my doctor so he can give me a prescription. Loretta

sickchick Community Regular

You don't need a prescrition, Sweetheart, you can get them @ Health food store or sometimes a good grocery will carry them. They need to be kept refrigerated.

Also you will want to make sure you take one with or without ingredients you are intolerant to! :)

I take Renew Life. It is gluten soy dairy potato and nut free. However it has brown or white rice so if you rice intolerant you might want to find another.

Be well Loretta :)

irish Contributor

Thank you Collette. I am will go out and buy them tomorrow.

Loretta

B) good luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

munchkinette Collaborator

How often do you all take them? I started on Theralac last month, and I notice a difference, but the directions say to take just two per week after a while. I feel like I should take them more often now that I'm done with the start-up period.

Three lac is supposed to be really good stuff you should notice a difference soon! Good girl! B)

I take mine in the middle of the night to ensure I have an empty stomach.

No food 2 hrs before or 1 hour after. :D

lovelove

• 2 months later...
ilikepie Apprentice

So you ARE supposed to take probiotics on an empty stomach? What happens if you take them while you eat? My doctor had told me to take mine with meals. Although, I don't completely trust her, which is why I am trying to figure it out.

Jenny (AZ via TX) Enthusiast

I take Renew Life as well. They have different strengths so depends on what you want. I take the Flora Smart which is one of the stronger ones. Like sickchick, I take on an empty stomach. However, I called the manufacturer regarding another supplement and also asked about the probiotics to see how long I would have to wait to eat. They told me I really didn't have to wait because of the coating on the pills. I still take on an empty stomach, but it does have me wonder now.

I have been taking probiotics for years, even before celiac dx (hubby is very into all kinds of different supplements) and was told back then it had to be on an empty stomach. Sooo, don't really know. Maybe I'll call again to see if they give me a different answer.

Anyway, probiotics are really good to take.

Archived