This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dehydration?

lmvrbaby

lmvrbaby Newbie

Hi all, just wanted to see if this could be something with celiac or just plain something else going on. Monday night I started feeling a little dizzy, blurred vision with a headache on the right side of my head. As the night went on, the worse I felt, dizzy, nauseous, room spinning constantly, headache, D, going to the bathroom a lot. I went to work and an hour after being there I could not function, or walk hardly at all by this time, I was driven home and called the doctor. Got in and and after explaining all the symptoms and what had happened since the night before and asking the doc if this could be celiac related, I was told I was dehydrated. He gave me a script for dizziness and nausea, and told me to eat some chips and drink lots of fluids. Yesterday I went in to work the later half of my day and had moments where I felt alright and others when I wasn't sure what I was doing or forgeting how to do it. I work in an office as a secretary. I have been doing what I should, drinking gatorade, taking meds, eating foods with sodium in it. Today I still feel drained, like I did two days ago. I am going to call the doctor to see what else it could be but I really can not afford to miss any more work.

Just wondering if anyone else may have similar symptoms or know what is happening. Any comments would be helpful, especially when calling the doctor and letting him know there could be something else going on.

Thanks for listening. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

It doesn't sound Celiac related to me....possibly an inner ear infection?

lmvrbaby Newbie

Thanks for your response. The doc checked my ears and said he did not see anything that would cause any redness or infection. I will call and probably will have more tests done. Thanks for your help.

jerseyangel Proficient

An inner ear infection wouldn't cause inflammation in the outer or middle ear--it's on the inside, affects the fluid balance and that's what causes the dizziness and nausea. They don't necessariliy cause pain like a middle ear infection would.

Just FYI :) Hope you're able to get to the bottom of this soon.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
An inner ear infection wouldn't cause inflammation in the outer or middle ear--it's on the inside, affects the fluid balance and that's what causes the dizziness and nausea. They don't necessariliy cause pain like a middle ear infection would.

Just FYI :) Hope you're able to get to the bottom of this soon.

Along these lines, if you can find in a healthstore a bottle of mullein oil infusion (in olive oil) you can put a drop in each ear a few times a day and it will help kill and draw out infection. It feels icky but boy does it work.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

interested in this topic.......just got over nasty swimmers ear infection. hurt like heck.

judy

Cinnamon Apprentice

My 13-year-old had something similar several months ago, and it was quite scary. She was dizzy, brain fogged, seeing flashing lights whenever she stood up, felt sick, etc. I took her to the doctor and her blood pressure was 70 over something. They were sure she was dehydrated, and gave us the same advice that you were given, gatorade,etc. It did take several days to go away, but it did go away. I still buy gatorade and have to continually ask her what she's had to drink, how much, etc. She feels much better, but it took longer than I thought. I guess if you're severely dehydrated, it takes time to replenish, more than just a day or two or three. Hope you feel better soon! But if you don't, call the doctor back.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lmvrbaby Newbie

I did call the doctor back after talking to the nurse at the allergy clinic. She suggested getting ears thoroughly checked by the ENT doc. I asked my doctor what they wanted me to do and because my blood pressure was 100 over 60 they want me to see a nuerologist. I also get migraines and they want to rule out anything about the migraines first. I see the nurse at the allergy clinic weekly and can get an appointment to see the ENT, I just have to let them know when first.

Thanks for eveyone's input.

Archived