This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Worst Canker Sore Outbreak Ever

bigapplekathleen

ravenwoodglass Mentor

"I use antibacterial hand wipes in the car but they are even gluten-free."

This was the only thing that struck me when I read your last post. The reason I have pulled it out is because of the alcohol that is in them. That would be considered to be a safe item and the company would state it is gluten-free even if they used a gluten derived alcohol. I worked for the schools for a while and these products were all over the classrooms. I definately had a problem with them so even though it is a long shot I thought I would mention it. Did you start using a new brand shortly before the outbreaks started?

I am really glad they are getting you into the celiac center, I hope they can figure this out for you and stop the process. You must be in so much pain and I hope it is over soon for you.

• 7 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bigapplekathleen Contributor

I just wanted to let you all know that they have FINALLY figured it out. (I posted something on another message with complete explanation if you want to look it up.) My new gastro did biopsies 3 weeks ago that showed Lymphocitic Colitis, which certainly explains A LOT. I am better already on 18 days of 9mg/dayEntocort and 6 caplets a day of Pepto Bismol (plus still on 5 mg of prednisone).

Thanks for all of your support through this past year of horrible stuff !

K

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I just wanted to let you all know that they have FINALLY figured it out. (I posted something on another message with complete explanation if you want to look it up.) My new gastro did biopsies 3 weeks ago that showed Lymphocitic Colitis, which certainly explains A LOT. I am better already on 18 days of 9mg/dayEntocort and 6 caplets a day of Pepto Bismol (plus still on 5 mg of prednisone).

Thanks for all of your support through this past year of horrible stuff !

K

I am so glad they got this figured out and that you are improving. Thanks for letting us know.

ang1e0251 Contributor

THanks for letting us know. I have been thinking of you and wondering from time to time how you are. I'm so glad you have a diagnosis.

• 8 years later...
samund01 Newbie

Hi! I'm wondering how you are now? I have similar symptoms and wondering what you found out? 

Posterboy Mentor
8 hours ago, samund01 said:

Hi! I'm wondering how you are now? I have similar symptoms and wondering what you found out? 

samundd01,

see this thread in spells out how I took Lysine to help my canker sores.

I hope this is helpful.

You might also have low stomach acid.  We get low in our amino acids when our stomach acid is not strong enough to digest proteins.

Open Original Shared Link

from the article

"Jonathan Wright, M.D., well-known and respected holistic physician, states that “Although research in this area is entirely inadequate, its been my clinical observation that calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, chromium, selenium, manganese, vanadium, molybdenum, cobalt, and many other micro-trace elements are not nearly as well-absorbed in those with poor stomach acid as they are in those whose acid levels are normal. When we test plasma amino acid levels for those with poor stomach function, we frequently find lower than usual levels of one or more of the eight essential amino acids: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine. Often there are functional insufficiencies of folic acid and/or vitamin B12.”

Again I hope this is  helpful but this not medical advice just things I have found that helped me.

And swilling salt water (be sure spit it out and don't swallow it) helps them go away quicker and taking Lysine can help keep them away after your current bout/round of mouth sores go away.

Once or twice a day of Lsyine will keep most ulcers at bay.  Remember it is an essential amino acid and we have to eat food with enough Lysine everyday or we get low in it since our body can't store most amino acids for more than 24 hours and why supplementing with Lysine helps.

Just trying to help those, God being my help, with the things that helped me with those still suffering.

Knowledge is power pass it one.

2 Corinthians 1: 3, 4

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

posterboy,

samund01 Newbie

thank you posterboy:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived