Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pyro

So I Did It...

How much did it cost? I'd love to have professional help but am already in the financial slums as it is.

You can go to the Catholic Family Services Centers around the country, they provide very reduced fee therapy, for low income. I know someone interning there who also does an eating disorders group. You do not have to be Catholic or religious to use their services.

I got sessions for free. I live in Tampa near USF. USF has a Psychology department which offers Ph.ds. They have a program that you have to apply for. If you have low income, you can get free counseling by someone who is nearly finished with their Ph.d.

You might want to look around your local to see what is available either free or on a "sliding scale".

May I put you in touch with a friend of mine? She's been dealing with an ED for a long time, is a recovered anorexic, and regularly speaks about eating disorders. She even had an article in Marie Clare. May I ask her permission and then pm you her email?

Sure!

By the way, I don't know if I should still go gluten-free/df/cf/pf/sf or not anymore. I don't know whether my pain this week was from massive binging or not.

By the way, I don't know if I should still go gluten-free/df/cf/pf/sf or not anymore. I don't know whether my pain this week was from massive binging or not.

Could you describe the kind of pain you're talking about? And have you experienced this particular pain with binging before?

Well I had more gluten today, in reasonable amounts, just to make sure.

Symptoms:

Very VERY tender stomach. Painful to the touch.

Extremely bloated.

Irritable.

Dizziness and terrible cough (as soon as I took a bite).

It was also hard to breath for a moment today.

Lethargy. I almost got in a wreck the other day because after eating a treat from Whole Foods I was immediately about to fall asleep behind the wheel.

Well I had more gluten today, in reasonable amounts, just to make sure.

Symptoms:

Very VERY tender stomach. Painful to the touch.

Extremely bloated.

Irritable.

Dizziness and terrible cough (as soon as I took a bite).

It was also hard to breath for a moment today.

Lethargy. I almost got in a wreck the other day because after eating a treat from Whole Foods I was immediately about to fall asleep behind the wheel.

These are not the symptoms of binging.