Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmreed

More Trouble At Pf Changs?

One thing that I have found helps is to have at least one "gluten-free sympathetic" person at your table who will also order from the gluten-free menu. My husband is now in the habit of ordering a gluten-free entree when we go to P.F. Chang's. That's in addition to requesting the gluten-free lettuce wraps. I've yet to have an issue with them, but we go rather infrequently. When there are two or three other people at the table and you're not the only one ordering gluten-free food, it seems to help get the point across and adds yet another sale of gluten-free food for them to notice.

I think a lot of people, despite training, believe that gluten isn't THAT big of an issue since we don't go into some anaphylactic shock and there aren't horror stories of that sort where people are dying within minutes unlike, say, peanut allergies and such. And a lot of others think this is just some voluntary dietary thing.

We all (4) order from the gluten-free menu at PF Changs. That way we can share and my picky guy can find one he likes ( beef with peppers )

Just ate again yesterday at PF Changs in Pittsburgh (Homestead) without a problem. However, it took me months to go back again after an incident last December--I think the waitress deliberately put hair in my and my daughter's meals.

Don't even say come on....it was busy...she got nasty when I told her that all but one of needed gluten-free menus, then condescendingly informed me that vinegar was glutened--I told her that it was fine for me and that only malt vinegar was not safe. The food was cold.

Took me a lonnnnnng time to return and even then went to another one in Pitts.

Could've, should've complained, but dear hubby didn't want to complain on his b-day meal. :rolleyes:

Servers should have the maturity to realize that when a customer tells them about a food allergy, it's not to annoy them. We are trying our best not to have to spend the weekend in the bathroom, the emergency room, or the morgue.