Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

stellar

Celiac Disease And Lymphoma

Rate this topic

Do you know what kind of infection, bacterial or yeast?

Also, if bacterial, be certain to do anticandida stuff afterwards to counteract the effect of the antibiotics. Candida is opportunistic and will likely flourish with the antibiotics. A good enteric coated acidophilus is de riguer.

They said they wouldn't be able to tell exactly what kind of infection unless they took the whole lymph node out for dissection... which is a possibility if the swelling doesn't go down soon.

I'm definitely being cautious about candida. I'm taking an enteric-coated probiotic, eating yogurt every morning, and keeping sugars to a minimum. Your suggestions have been very helpful!

They said they wouldn't be able to tell exactly what kind of infection unless they took the whole lymph node out for dissection... which is a possibility if the swelling doesn't go down soon.

I'm definitely being cautious about candida. I'm taking an enteric-coated probiotic, eating yogurt every morning, and keeping sugars to a minimum. Your suggestions have been very helpful!

Am glad to hear that my suggestions so far have been helpful!

Can't they tell through a blood test and/or some kind of culture in a petri dish what kind of infection it is without removing the node?

If you go off all sugars and quick carbs and experience withdrawal symptoms, and then feel better if you eat something sugary or quick carby -- as I previously suggested, its likely to be candida or some fungus.

You'll want to know if its bacterial however since herbs don't really eradicate serious bacterial infections. Just more minor ones... Sometimes the antibiotics are actually really very necessary--as they were for me last spring when the infection from my lungs migrated to my kidneys! What happe3nd to me is that I thought it was a virus and took my strongest herbs. I'd feel better but then go out and do something and always felt worse. When it went into my kidneys I knew I was in trouble...Fortunately a friend helped me since I was in no condition to go see a doc on my own.

Barberry by the way is specific against both fungal yeasty stuff and microbes... And grapefruit seed extract (taken just a few drops at a time in lots of water) is very effective too. You could also put oregano or thyme oil directly on the swollen lymph nodes.

I suggest you google this and other herbal suggestions as to safety given your still nursing your infant. I am getting ready for an art exhibit and just don't have a lot of excess time right now. Next weekend will be different but for now every moment counts...

Bea

I have recently been diagnosed with diffuse B-cell non Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I had a small lesion on my neck, tiredness and experience reflux and indigestion very badly . I adopted a lactose free diet and the reflux reduced. Not until I adopted a gluten free diet did I experience 0 out of 10 reflux . I wonder if others out there have experienced this success in alleviating gastro symptoms. I wonder if this has helped with the illness being held at bay and or will help with my cancer treatment. To either diminish symptoms or speed up recovery . Needless to say I will never eat Gluten again. I have a husband who is coeliac and this is why I decided to try going Gluten free. I was also trying to lose weight prior to cancer diagnosis and found was much more successful eliminating Gluten.