Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ms_sillyak_screwed

South Flordia Doctors

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi fellow South Floridian!

I live in Key Largo and have to commute to Miami every day for work so my doctors are in Miami.

My gastroenterologist is Dr. Paul Fishbein who works out of Baptist Medical Center in Kendall. He's pretty good as far as doctors go. He's a very good listener and spends a decent amount of time with you. I also take digestive enzymes and he has no problem with the ones I take. I was diagnosed by another doctor as having Celiac Disease because my Gliadin AB IGG was 63 and IGA was 31 (Those were the only tests that were elevated). Dr. Fishbein said I might just be intolerant to wheat (my biopsy came back negative) and to try to reintroduce it back into my diet after a couple of months. I haven't tried because I feel so much better without gluten in my diet, and he respects my decision.

As far as your Thryoid, I have Hasimoto's thryoiditist (sp?) which is an underactive thryoid. My endocrinologist is Dr. Diane Kreiger who has a practice in South Miami (near South Miami Hospital). She's also very good and very knowledgable. Let me know if you are interested in any of their phone numbers and I'll pass them along.

Good luck in your search for good doctors! I know from experience that it may take a while to find one you can connect with, but don't give up!

If enzymes are quackery I would like that doc. to explain why they work :lol: Some doctors are stuck in the last century and have 1 way of thinking.

There's a guy named rammacable in the St. Lucie area. He's not a celiac or gi, but he does deal with unusual cases that other doctors cannot handle. he's supposed to be good. i've decided that i hate doctors, so have not tried myself.