Raynee

The Bloating Is So Bad! Please Reply Anyone

Rate this topic

I posted recently with my symptoms but for those who did not see it. For 8+ years I have basically looked pregnant but am not. The bloating is so bad and uncomfortable. The gas is horrible at night. I have tried every diet excpet gluten free. I see a doctor next week. I also have eczema, migraines, FATIGUE!!!!, stomach aches constantly, not much diarrhea, but loose stools. I had terrible neurological problems about ten years ago. I also have muscle weakness (upper body), ocular migraines, back pain, etc, etc. My question - it seems the last week my stomach has grown even more (if that is possible). I am uncomfortable standing, sitting, laying - just being awake. Should I try to get in earlier to the doctor even though I only have a week. I mean it has been going on for years now what is another week right. Maybe I am just getting anxious to get there. I am terrified the tests are going to be negative and everyone (family and friends) will think I am exaggerating - Oh, I am 39 years old and tried to get pregnant for 15 years with all the drugs and procedures. Never did and they have no idea why - my husband was tested and fine. Too old now! That would break my heart more than anything to find out if I had just stopped eating gluten I could have had a baby!

DO YOU THINK I AM CELIAC? IF NOT WHAT????? THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY!

Hi,sorry i dont have any advice for you but i couldnt red and not post.I am sorry you havent been able to concieve a baby,it would be heartbraking to think it could have been diferent with a diagnosis of coeliac :( i wish you well and hope you get to the bottom of your problems/symptoms (((((hugs to you))))))

I posted recently with my symptoms but for those who did not see it. For 8+ years I have basically looked pregnant but am not. The bloating is so bad and uncomfortable. The gas is horrible at night. I have tried every diet excpet gluten free. I see a doctor next week. I also have eczema, migraines, FATIGUE!!!!, stomach aches constantly, not much diarrhea, but loose stools. I had terrible neurological problems about ten years ago. I also have muscle weakness (upper body), ocular migraines, back pain, etc, etc. My question - it seems the last week my stomach has grown even more (if that is possible). I am uncomfortable standing, sitting, laying - just being awake.

These can all be symptoms of celiac disease or GI. That doesn't mean that is your dx, it means it is a possibility.

Should I try to get in earlier to the doctor even though I only have a week. I mean it has been going on for years now what is another week right. Maybe I am just getting anxious to get there.

If it will give you peace of mind, do try to get into the dr sooner. Insist that they run a full celiac panel. It's a blood test and they can draw bood right away. Try to get your dr to schedule you for an endoscopy with a GI dr. It's not necesary to wait for the blood results to schedule the procedure when you are suffering. If the tests are negative you still need to find out what is wrong. Your dr might not want to do this before the test results are in, but ask anyway, you never know.

I am terrified the tests are going to be negative and everyone (family and friends) will think I am exaggerating -

Even with positive test results, your family may have a hard time with it. But a real dx should give you a lot of peace of mind and put you on the road to recovery.

DO YOU THINK I AM CELIAC? IF NOT WHAT????? THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY!

You are NOT crazy. You are sick. You may have celiac disease or gluten intolerance. But no matter what, your symptoms are real and are like many I have had. Keep writing and telling us how you are doing. We will always listen to you and reply to your questions.

While you are waiting for the Dr, you could try eliminating all sugar and dairy from your diet. That might help cut down on the gas and bloating. I sometimes eat salty olives when gassed up and it helps a bit. And simethecone (Gas-x, Phazyme) helps some too. A pro-biotic might or might not help, not sure on that. Stretching excerizes can help too.

I would recommend Gas-X as well. I feel for ya. Perhaps eating lighter meals (eggs, soup, etc) without the dairy and sugar as someone sugested would help? I also use vernors ginger ale. Ginger is soothing to the stomach. Peppermint pills are another soother.

Best of luck to you.

I would recommend Gas-X as well. I feel for ya. Perhaps eating lighter meals (eggs, soup, etc) without the dairy and sugar as someone sugested would help? I also use vernors ginger ale. Ginger is soothing to the stomach. Peppermint pills are another soother.

Best of luck to you.

Along with all of these great solutions...one thing that always helped me feel a little more comfortable with gas pains was to lay on my right side and curl up. It helps move food/gas along the tract more efficiently.

Along with all of these great solutions...one thing that always helped me feel a little more comfortable with gas pains was to lay on my right side and curl up. It helps move food/gas along the tract more efficiently.

I used to do that too! I'd lay on my left side for 15 minutes, then right side for 15 minutes, back, and forth, sometimes all night. That and stretching bending any way at all too. It' s strange way to get food moving through gut but better than nothing. :)

I know that water makes gas pains feel worse - but it would get the food moving out of your body a little quicker. I always had more severe pain when I layed on my left side so I always sleep on my right side. Walking/any movement will help with the gas pains. If it's bloating you are talking about you almost have to wait until the food passes through your body. I was always unable to pass gas so it made my gas pains terrible. If I took a tums - even though I didn't have severe acid issues - it always made me "pass gas" within about 10-15 minutes which was what I needed to do to feel better. Gas-X may be a better alternative to tums - but tums always made me pass gas instead of only belching.