ptkds

My 8 Yr Old Is Off To gluten-free Camp!

Rate this topic

I admit it, I am jealous!! A week without worrying about finding gluten-free food! And SMORES!! (need I say more??) My dd just left for camp. Her grandmother is taking her up there.

I wish I could go!

Anyone else sending their child to a gluten-free camp this summer?

PS, my oldest dd (not gluten-free) left fot Tennessee this morning with her choir! I am down to 2 kids for a whole week!

Oh man, that sounds great!

It must be the Great Gluten Escape Camp! We haven't sent the kids yet, but definately plan on it for next year when my daughter is a bit older. I'll bet your dd has a blast....you'll have to report back and let us know how it went!

My eight year old daughter is off to gluten free camp for a week in August. The local Celiac Association puts it on every year (this will be her first). They have a professional chef as the camp cook and I admit I am jealous too!

It's great to see that these kids are able to get involved without any worries.

We have a gluten-free camp in Texas and I can't wait. It starts at age 7 and my ds is 5 so we have a bit to go, but I know that he will love it when the time comes.

i did a search last night after seeing this thread. there are several gluten free camps out there, but none near me. =(

thats awesome to learn that there are some, though, hopefully more will begin popping up everywhere!!

I'm jealous. *wink*

I'm going to do some research, this sounds like a great opportunity!