Jamie

Please Help!( West Coast)...

Rate this topic

I know I have posted this before... but I am leaving tomorrow and I want to see if I can get anymore ideas for good restuarnts.

I will be taking a road trip along the entire west coast... from San Diego up to Washington. If anyone has any good restuarnts... or even reastuarnts that have accomodated you... please tell me!

I don't really know of many restaurants on the coast. In Nehalem, Oregon the pizza garden has gluten free pizza. In Seaside, Oregon you can eat some of the breakfast foods at Pig & Pancake. If you are passing through Portland there are lots of places to eat. If you give me some more information, I could try to be a little more helpful. :)

I know I have posted this before... but I am leaving tomorrow and I want to see if I can get anymore ideas for good restuarnts.

I will be taking a road trip along the entire west coast... from San Diego up to Washington. If anyone has any good restuarnts... or even reastuarnts that have accomodated you... please tell me!

Here are a few links that may help:

San Diego area:

http://glutenfreeinsd.com/

CA Central Coast (Pismo Beach, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, etc):

http://www.centralcoastceliacs.com/restaurants.html

And if you wish to search on any city anywhere in the US:

http://gfregistry.magcloud.com/

In California here are a few restaurants which have gluten free menus (if they're a national chain they generally have gluten free menus in other states too):

Johnny Carino's

Pei Wei

P.F. Chang

Old Spaghetti Factory

Outback Steak House

Z Pizza

This list is off the top of my head....there are more, I'm sure. Also, El Torito does not have a gluten free menu, but they've been very accommodating!

Have a nice trip!

I'm sorry I don't have much help to offer... the only gluten-free-menu restaurant I know of is Outback. I ate there Sunday with a friend and really enjoyed not having to worry about it. I also like California Wok. If you google them you can find their locales in L.A. area. They don't have a special menu but will make a lot of their dishes w/simple sauce using just corn starch and no soy. There are myriad terrific ethnic restaurants of all kinds, Cuban, Indian, Thai Brazilian etc. that probably have a lot of gluten-free items, but you still have to be specific with the wait staff.

Have a great time on our left coast! The weather is gorgeous right now, not too hot the past couple days.