nb-canada

Glutino Bread Price Increase

Rate this topic

I purchased Glutiono Cheese Bread today at SuperStore and the price had gone up $2 - from $5.99 to $7.99. I was told that it was not a mistake and the price had gone up on Friday. It seems that it was affecting all the Glutino bread. I was shocked ....I should have left it there.

I checked with my son in Moncton and it had also gone up there. Just wondering if others throughout Canada have noticed an increase. I am tempted to return my 2 loaves of bread tomorrow. You can still purchase them on-line http://www.gluten free.com/Glutino-Cheese-Bread/Item102022M for $5.99.

This is highway robbery - it is taking advantage of people who do not have the vast choice of products like the non-celiac world.....and it never goes on sale.

"Fuming in New Brunswick!" :angry:

I haven't noticed, but it has been a couple of weeks since I bought Glutino bread. In the Toronto area, Loblaw stores carry Glutino products, but the selection varies widely from store to store.

You might want to direct your inquiry to the owner/president of Glutino. He is Steven J Singer. You can telephone 1-800-363-3438, or email ssinger [at] glutino [dot] com

It could be just that Loblaw (who own SuperStore) are raising their retail prices, or it could be that the wholesale cost from Glutino has increased, and they are responding.

I haven't noticed, but it has been a couple of weeks since I bought Glutino bread. In the Toronto area, Loblaw stores carry Glutino products, but the selection varies widely from store to store.

You might want to direct your inquiry to the owner/president of Glutino. He is Steven J Singer. You can telephone 1-800-363-3438, or email ssinger [at] glutino [dot] com

It could be just that Loblaw (who own SuperStore) are raising their retail prices, or it could be that the wholesale cost from Glutino has increased, and they are responding.

Thanks Peter. I just sent off an email. Will let you know his response.

Here is the prompt response I received from Steven Singer (the owner/president of Glutino) -

Thanks for the message.

I am as shocked as you as we did not raise the prices - it sounds like the retailer did.

I will check into this tomorrow and see that we get this figured out.

Again, we appreciate the feedback.

Sincerely,

Steven Singer

I haven't bought Glutino bread recently, but I find that I am buying less and less at Superstore. The muffin mix we like is $2 more there than at the organic food market we go to, and the Kinnikinnik bread is always more expensive then at Safeway. I still look at thier selection, but most items I can find cheaper elsewhere.

I don't know if it is because Mr. Singer contacted Superstore or maybe more customers complained, but the Glutino Cheese Bread price is now $6.99 instead of $7.99 - an increase of $1 instead of $2. So far the Flax Bread is still $5.99 but the shelf is empty......will the price go up when it is in stock?

I guess it helps to complain.

:D Price for Glutino bread is now back to normal - $5.99 instead of $7.99. We have Mr Steven Singer (owner of Glutino) to thank.

Here's is Mr. Singer's latest email regarding the increase -

Yes, you were not alone and not wrong. We were happy to hear from you and others and spoke to Loblaws Head Office to get this changed.

Keep enjoying all those Glutino products.

Regards,

Steven Singer