ENF

Elizabeth Hasselbeck Sued For Plagiarism

Rate this topic

'The View's' Elisabeth Hasselbeck Sued Over Copyright Infringement

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being sued by a Massachusetts woman who is claiming that the

I heard that right about the time the book came out... Wondered if anything was ever going to come out about it.

Unless there are more substantive similarities, though, that sounds like essentially every book about celiac disease. A "Living with Celiac" section and advice to shop the outer aisles of the grocery store is pretty run-of-the-mill. I am NOT an Elisabeth Hasslebeck defender in general, but neither Fox nor TMZ had anything to say that convinced me that the charges have any weight.

"Last, I am in the process of writing my own book on celiac disease—"

We shall be looking forward to your book Scott.

I know this sounds odd, but after reading, a few different books on Celiac since being diagnosed, I have noticed that there really isn't much difference other than how in depth the author's get. There was nothing new in Elisabeth's book that isn't in any of the other books I have already read, other than her personal experiences. Her information was the vaguest of any of the books I have read so far. Scott brought up many good points in his blog post. Other than personal experiences, it really is hard to be original when writing about a common medical condition that many others have already written about. The format that they all tend to all follow is used as it is the most logical and easy to read. As I haven't read the author who is making the claim's book, I really do not know what her claims are substantiated from. I guess as this goes along maybe we will find out, or it will be dropped. I would think that an author writing about Celiac is wanting to help others. Think about it. If the original authors who wrote the first books and copywritten info had any other motives in mind, I cannot see how even this site would be able to be in existence.

I apologize for being wordy, but cannot seem to simplify my thoughts this morning.