CMG

Recommendations In Nyc

Rate this topic

I will be spending a few days in Manhattan and am looking for kid-friendly gluten free options near our hotel, which is on W. 63rd. I know there are plenty of options throughout the city, but specifically need something for when we arrive w/ 2 tired children (ages 4 and 6) right around dinner time.

Thanks!

East Asian food (diner atmosphere):

Lili's 57

200 West 57th (on 7th Ave a couple of blocks south of Central Park)

New York, NY 10019

Tel:212-586-5333

www.lilis57.com

Southern Italian food (restaurant atmosphere):

Sambuca

20 West 72nd Street (just west of Central Park West)

Tel:212-787-5656

www.sambucanyc.com

I've eaten at both of these places and have been very happy with both. They each have a special, gluten-free menu available.

I was in New York last week - we dined out at Sambucas (mentioned previously). It's right off of Central Park so if you're "doing the park" it's handy. My only issue is I ate too darn much ! :rolleyes:

It's a family style restaurant - the pasta dishes are huge, even the smaller sizes. My DH & I wished we had shared one of those (yeah, the smaller one). The waitress did tell us that's the way they are set up - so you could share. They also have a kids' menu, but I don't think it's gluten-free. The gluten-free menu has some chicken dishes, salads, appetizers, and lots of pasta dishes. They also had Redbridge beer.

Pala Pizza has gluten free pizza and delivers if you're in their area.

Babycakes bakery is there too - it's small but if you need treats, they're yummy (they're off China Town).

Thanks for the input - we have 4 days, so I plan to try them all!

I go to the Upper West side 3-4 times a year. Sambuca's is YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get down to Greenwich Village you MUST go to Risoterria at the corner of Bleecker and Morton- gluten-free pizza, pasta, breadsticks and yummy desserts. I dream about Joe's Famous Fudgie's- they're chocolate frosting sandwiched between two big, yummy bakery style chocolate chip cookies! It's small but great!!!!!!!!!!

For the UWS, as previously mentioned there is Sambuca. Also, there is Nice Matin (which I haven't tried yet, but I believe it's a bit pricey) and Pizzeria Uno.

NYC has tons of great restaurants with gluten free menus. Enjoy!

Nizza - Mediterranean style (southeastern France, northwestern Italy)

630 9th Ave. (between 44th and 45th Streets)

tel: 212-956-1800

http://www.nizzanyc.com/

The gluten-free menu features soccas, a pizza-like dish made with chickpea flour.

I figured I'd add one more, since you'll be there for four days.

Thanks for all the responses! Looks like it will be easy to eat out, and I look forward to it!

I went to Nice Matin for lunch today and it was excellent! And not pricey as I previously had thought. They have both indoor and outdoor seating which is always nice. I had grilled chicken with bacon and roasted red peppers on a toasted Katz's gluten-free Challah roll. It was delicious! The gluten-free brunch menu is pretty extensive.

I definitely recommend Nice Matin for your trip. In addition to being on the UWS (your desired locale), they have great food and a wonderful atmosphere. Sit at a table outside and you can do some great people watching :)

I went to Nice Matin for lunch today and it was excellent! And not pricey as I previously had thought. They have both indoor and outdoor seating which is always nice. I had grilled chicken with bacon and roasted red peppers on a toasted Katz's gluten-free Challah roll. It was delicious! The gluten-free brunch menu is pretty extensive.

I definitely recommend Nice Matin for your trip. In addition to being on the UWS (your desired locale), they have great food and a wonderful atmosphere. Sit at a table outside and you can do some great people watching :)

Thanks, Jillian! I love going to brunch - we'll definitely give it a try!