Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lawspike

And The Misinformation Begins....

My soccer team is sponsored by Boston Pizza and they happily informed me I could have french fries, cactus cut fries, chicken wings.... you get the idea. I had a bland salmon lol

chicken wings are usually breaded, but what was wrong with the fries?

Well, I'm fairly obnoxious, so I would shrug and say "I react immediately, she'll react by dying of cancer in ten years, not my problem" and walk away.

:lol: :lol: Someone asked my friend Arnie what would happen if he ate gluten- how would he know? He said "Oh YOU"LL KNOW- and never forget- the smell" :lol:

Even educated people can be really stupid about this. For instance, the physician's assistant (!!!) at my GI doc (!!!!!) told me it's okay to eat pizza sometimes (this was before I was diagnosed and had never heard the word "celiac" before, and she was raising possibilities). I told the doctor at my last appointment and he about hit the roof.

Geez, wow, makes you wonder about the gene pool and Darwin's natural selection and the Darwin Awards and, yikes, are we getting dumber? and Holy Mackerel- is this HARD??!!!!!

lisa

The fries are deep-fried in the same fryer as breaded chicken wings, onion rings, cheeze sticks, etc. so it breeds cross-contamination.

chicken wings are usually breaded, but what was wrong with the fries?