jasonD2

Cleaning The Grill?

Rate this topic

im going home to see my parents and next sunday we are having a big bbq. Is there anyway to clean the grill surface to remove residual gluten? I can always use foil for my stuff i suppose, but it would be nice to get those nice grill marks ;)

Use foil. Trying to clean it would be a gigantic pain in the butt, and not worth the effort.

You could clean it and still react. Better safe than sorry!

i agree. i just use foil. sometimes the crazy crap that's on the grill is more of a pain then just ripping off a piece of foil and knowing you're 100% safe!

I agree with the foil, it's an easy layer of protection.

I think you might need oven cleaner to really take all the junk off a grill. But, as long as the gril isn't teflon coated (or anything else porous) I'll bet you could get it good and clean with the oven cleaner.

We've never put buns or bread items on ours, so I was lucky there, after diagnosis.

im going home to see my parents and next sunday we are having a big bbq. Is there anyway to clean the grill surface to remove residual gluten? I can always use foil for my stuff i suppose, but it would be nice to get those nice grill marks ;)

My family purchased an extra grill rack from home depot for me and just sit it on top of their grill. I've also seen foil type grill racks ( a little thicker) for covering those nasty ones you see in parks.

My family purchased an extra grill rack from home depot for me and just sit it on top of their grill. I've also seen foil type grill racks ( a little thicker) for covering those nasty ones you see in parks.

Brilliant! (what a simple solution!)

Wow Great Idea and such a simple solution, Thank you, I'm stopping by Home Depot today.