Lawspike

Dh On My Scalp

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed 7/10/09 with Celiac. Almost immediately after, I got confirming biopsy for dh on my scalp, back and forehead. The back and forehead had JUST started, and thankfully - and is going away, FAST!

I can't remember in the last 15-20 years, or more, when I was not trying to control a *psoriasis* outbreak on my scalp. Special shampoos, creams and WEARING GLOVES - in order to avoid scratching my scalp and what skin was left that was actually not raw, bleeding or worse. July 22 was the beginning of my gluten/casein/soy/eggs free elimination.

I AM SHOCKED. This is the FIRST TIME in almost two decades that I have nothing - NOTHING - on my scalp, EXCEPT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO LUMPS, no p%$#@# bumps, no bleeding under my nails when I scratch an itch (and I have barely even scratched an itch, at that, in nine days!

I AM SO ECSTATIC! I know I have a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go with the rest of my horrible Celiac ailments, due to YEARS of misdiagnoses... BUT, I HAD to share this! I am almost brought to tears, by the simple fact that my head is almost completely cleared up... And, I have not even noticed that brushing it does not even hurt!! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy for you!! :D It's wonderful, isn't it, when we finally have an answer--and better still that there's something we can do about it.

I felt like jumping for joy too. I had the sores all over my face also and it is soooo wonderful when they are gone. I am so glad you had a quick response, I did to.

Yay for you!

Bea

Hi Lawspike,

I'd love to know where you're located. I'm looking for a Doctor in the LA area to determine if I too have DH as I've had the SAME symptoms on my scalp for over 2 years now & would LOVE to find out what it is!!

Thanks!!!

Hi Lawspike,

I'd love to know where you're located. I'm looking for a Doctor in the LA area to determine if I too have DH as I've had the SAME symptoms on my scalp for over 2 years now & would LOVE to find out what it is!!

Thanks!!!

Hi! I am in TN. The armpit of the south! LOL.... was relocated for husband's career - from South Florida! I actually marched back into the HARVARD trained dermatologist I was seeing here - AFTER my Celiac biopsy and follow up bloodtests came back SCREAMING CELIAC... and DEMANDED he biopsy the scabby things... on my scalp. One way to tell if it is DH. SURE AS ANYTHING... it was! I wanted to knock him out. 20 creams and hundreds of dollars in visits... over 2.5 years...

tell your dermatologist you have Celiac and want a biopsy... they should have NO problem... they just scraped one of my things on the scalp... a few days I waited and WHALAH!

I was diagnosed 7/10/09 with Celiac. Almost immediately after, I got confirming biopsy for dh on my scalp, back and forehead. The back and forehead had JUST started, and thankfully - and is going away, FAST!

I can't remember in the last 15-20 years, or more, when I was not trying to control a *psoriasis* outbreak on my scalp. Special shampoos, creams and WEARING GLOVES - in order to avoid scratching my scalp and what skin was left that was actually not raw, bleeding or worse. July 22 was the beginning of my gluten/casein/soy/eggs free elimination.

I AM SHOCKED. This is the FIRST TIME in almost two decades that I have nothing - NOTHING - on my scalp, EXCEPT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO LUMPS, no p%$#@# bumps, no bleeding under my nails when I scratch an itch (and I have barely even scratched an itch, at that, in nine days!

I AM SO ECSTATIC! I know I have a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go with the rest of my horrible Celiac ailments, due to YEARS of misdiagnoses... BUT, I HAD to share this! I am almost brought to tears, by the simple fact that my head is almost completely cleared up... And, I have not even noticed that brushing it does not even hurt!! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am so glad for you Very many of us know the joy of finding out what is wrong and finding a solution. Good luck.

declan

Hi There,

Congrats on finally having an answer and a solution to the problem. My name is Bonnie Bryant and I have a friend who just found out she has Celiac Disease and she needs special shampoo to keep her hair from drying out and body washes to keep her skin from getting irritated. I sell AVon and she asked me if they Have Gluten free Product like shampoo, body wash conditioner makeup. etc. And i have a list of all that they have that IS GLUTEN FREE. I was shocked myself asd i did just start working with Avon. They have an amaxing amount of Gluten Free Products. If you need any way of finding out let me know...my email is Bonnie@mulelighting.com and my Avon web siite is:

http://www.youravon.com/bbryant9632

Thanks for sharing !!

Bonnie bryant

Congrats! I can relate to your elation on realizing what has really been going on all these years and can now take control and regain your heath. Life is Good!

Could someone tell me if you can still get this dermatitis if you are already on a gluten free diet? I was diagnosed about 7 years ago, but have this dermatitis very bad in my scalp and forehead. What does anyone if anything use for this condition?

Could someone tell me if you can still get this dermatitis if you are already on a gluten free diet? I was diagnosed about 7 years ago, but have this dermatitis very bad in my scalp and forehead. What does anyone if anything use for this condition?

Have you checked whether your shampoos etc are safe? What has you dermatologist said about it and have they tested it and confirmed it is DH? If they have then gluten may be sneaking in somewhere.

You could also have some other allergen...or even candida overgrowth showing on your skin. But do check, maybe the other respondent is right and some gluten has snuck in somewhere or other...

Bea

Hi! I am in TN. The armpit of the south! LOL.... was relocated for husband's career - from South Florida! I actually marched back into the HARVARD trained dermatologist I was seeing here - AFTER my Celiac biopsy and follow up bloodtests came back SCREAMING CELIAC... and DEMANDED he biopsy the scabby things... on my scalp. One way to tell if it is DH. SURE AS ANYTHING... it was! I wanted to knock him out. 20 creams and hundreds of dollars in visits... over 2.5 years...

tell your dermatologist you have Celiac and want a biopsy... they should have NO problem... they just scraped one of my things on the scalp... a few days I waited and WHALAH!

THANK YOU LAWSPIKE. I am going to ask my Dermatologist to do a biopsy & check for DH.