cbear6301

Boston's Pizza Not Dedicated!

Rate this topic

We were out shopping and I remembered the discussion over Bostons. We went in and asked and we were told the crust is gluten free but they are baked with the other pizzas! I was so disappointed. I live in iowa and am originally from the east. I miss my pizza! Bostons is not the place.

At the Boston's I visit in McKinney, TX, they have told me that the gluten free crust is prepared away from everything else, they are cooked on separate/designated gluten free pans, and that yes, they are baked in the same oven, but not while any regular pizzas are in there.

I can see how super-sensitive types wouldn't want to take the risk. I'm not super sensitive and I have not gotten sick from eating there.

We are a sensitive bunch, but we didn't have any problems with Boston's. We really don't eat out much at all, maybe once every couple of months or so. I figure we are always taking a risk when eating out, but it's a chance we take for a splurge and a much needed night out!

I've eaten hot wings that were cookes in the pizza oven without incident. I don't know about Boston's, but most ovens are an open at both ends design and the pizzas go through on movable chain belts. I'd eat one.

I doubt if we're ever going to see a designated gluten-free pizza restaraunt.

best regards, lm

I blame the local restaurant for not explaining.. and being rude about it... after reading all of your experiences I emailed the main office and asked them..I know its not a dedicated restaurant but to hear them explain it to us... the Iowa restaurant did a wonderful scare job on me.. now I feel better.. here is the letter:

Thank you for your email. I understand the concerns you have regarding the preparation of pizza with the gluten free crust. I want to assure you that we take this specific allergy very seriously and we have taken several steps to ensure your family

I blame the local restaurant for not explaining.. and being rude about it... after reading all of your experiences I emailed the main office and asked them..I know its not a dedicated restaurant but to hear them explain it to us... the Iowa restaurant did a wonderful scare job on me.. now I feel better.. here is the letter:

Thank you for your email. I understand the concerns you have regarding the preparation of pizza with the gluten free crust. I want to assure you that we take this specific allergy very seriously and we have taken several steps to ensure your family