Rate this topic

Long time celiac, I seem to have developed soy intolerance as well. This is self diagnosed. Some questions

How much is safe to have? Is it like gluten, or more like lactose, where small amounts are tolerable?

Does it do damage to my intestines if I have any?

Thanks

I am no soy expert but I am soy intolerant. For me, no amount of soy is tolerable, even soy lecithin in most chocolate is a problem. But it's not a GI problem for me, it's a very itchy skin problem. So I am not worried about my gut, just about my scratching :D All my other food intolerances manifest themselves in itching and red rashes also.

I am currently being tested for soy. After I eat anything with soy, I've been getting cyst type acne on my face. I thought it was dairy but my dairy IgG came back negative. Last night I had a hot dog at the gluten free stand at the ball park. They squirted an oil on the grill and grilled my bread and hot dog on it. Being new to the thought of soy bothering me I didn't ask if it was soybean oil. Within a couple hours, had the zit on my cheek. I'm sure there was soy in the hot dog as well (at least I think). Not sure if soy causes villa damage ect, maybe it depends on if you are intolerant or allergic. Hopefully others will have more information for you!