elefky

gluten-free Panini In Long Beach, Ny

Rate this topic

There is a new restaurant in Long Beach, La Bottega 36 E Park Ave., 516-442-0982. When I noticed that there is a restaurant by the same name in Oceanside, I looked them up on line thinking that they might be a chain. Their website is not finished but the Long Beach location said that they can make gluten-free panini. I called and they said yes. I immediately did a little happy dance and then had them fax my office a menu. So today we ordered. When I picked up I asked why they were the only location offering gluten-free and she (owner? manager?) said her husband has Celiac so she knows what to do. The rolls are from "Everybody Eats" and they wrap it in tinfoil before it goes in the press. She said eventually the other locations will do it but she has to educate them. So I just finished mine and it was delicious! I never eat sandwiches at work. This was a strange sight to those around me. Call them and they'll fax you a menu.

There is a new restaurant in Long Beach, La Bottega 36 E Park Ave., 516-442-0982. When I noticed that there is a restaurant by the same name in Oceanside, I looked them up on line thinking that they might be a chain. Their website is not finished but the Long Beach location said that they can make gluten-free panini. I called and they said yes. I immediately did a little happy dance and then had them fax my office a menu. So today we ordered. When I picked up I asked why they were the only location offering gluten-free and she (owner? manager?) said her husband has Celiac so she knows what to do. The rolls are from "Everybody Eats" and they wrap it in tinfoil before it goes in the press. She said eventually the other locations will do it but she has to educate them. So I just finished mine and it was delicious! I never eat sandwiches at work. This was a strange sight to those around me. Call them and they'll fax you a menu.

Awesome. I live in Long Beach and pass that place all the time.

YEAH!!! I missed my paninis!