MDRB

Adding Fiber To My Muffins

Rate this topic

I've been making my own gluten-free muffins with a plain mix I buy from the market. I add strawberries and banana to the mix already but am wanting to add some fiber somehow but I'm allergic to most seeds. Anybody have any non seed suggestions? PS: Sorry if this has been asked already!

I've been making my own gluten-free muffins with a plain mix I buy from the market. I add strawberries and banana to the mix already but am wanting to add some fiber somehow but I'm allergic to most seeds. Anybody have any non seed suggestions? PS: Sorry if this has been asked already!

You could add some rice bran. However, you may need to increase the liquid ingredients a little to compensate for the extra dry ingredients. Rice bran will soak up the liquid and give you lots of soluable fiber. I also add that to hot cereals like Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Cereal or gluten free oatmeal.

SUE

Thanks for the product suggestion burdee but I'm in Australia and we don't get 'Bob Red Mill' cereal here. Also I tend to react to oats (even the gluten free ones), but I will definitely give the rice bran a try :)

Hi, I like to add shredded squash such as zucchini or summer squash, carrots...whatever is available. All you need to do is decrease the amount of oil that you use since the veggies wil keep them moist.

Other ideas? add chopped or dried fruit such as apples, raisins or dates, etc.

Then you have the usual seeds (poppy, sesame, sunflower, etc.).

Hope this helps!