ranger

Symptoms?

Rate this topic

How do you know if you have leaky gut? Are there overt symptoms?

I self-diagnosed myself as having leaky gut when all my food-intolerances starting hitting. The way I concluded that as my problem was that absolutely everything wasn't digesting well. Sorry to be graphic, but I could see things in my poo....undigested salad, etc. The more fiberous the food, the more it bothered me. Nearly the only thing that didn't was things like potatoes. I did alot of online research and realized that since I had been dairy-intolerant for many years before the glutens and other things kicked in, I was unable to have things like yogurts and the things that had the live good bacteria that is important for our intestines. I learned I needed to heal my gut before being able to start figuring out what my trigger foods were. I found a allergen-free vitamin/supplement company online that had dairy-free acidophilus and took two/day for at least 2 wks. In that time, my digestion got MUCH better. That made me feel like I was on the right track. I did talk to my own dr about all this and she didn't really have much knowledge and thought what I was doing on my own sounded sound. She did get me a consult with an allergist and a GI, both of which came up with not much. After a long period of time, I narrowed down what my trigger foods are and I do what I can to stay away from them , lol! I continue to take acidophilus, along with Vit. D and liquid iron and am in much better shape now.

Not to add more graphic stuff here. I dunno if I ever had leaky gut, but when I was younger I used to see undigested pasta in my stools!! I told my parents....they didnt believe me.