onlynow

New To The Forum - Question About My Diet

Rate this topic

Hello all, I'm just wondering if there is any gluten in my diet:

bean salad (beans, apple cider vinegar, white whine vinegar (contains sulphites), lemon/lime juice (pure), onions)

brown rice

garlic

broccoli

eggs

potatoes

chicken

mushrooms

sugar

nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

raisins

sunflower seeds

other fruits/veggies, which i'm sure don't contain gluten (obviously my research is lacking)

that's about all i eat, if i'm getting it all.

also, anyone have links to good gluten-free recipes? or meal ideas? it gets boring eating the same thing every day, lol.

thanks

Hello all, I'm just wondering if there is any gluten in my diet:

bean salad (beans, apple cider vinegar, white whine vinegar (contains sulphites), lemon/lime juice (pure), onions)

brown rice

garlic

broccoli

eggs

potatoes

chicken

mushrooms

sugar

nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

raisins

sunflower seeds

other fruits/veggies, which i'm sure don't contain gluten (obviously my research is lacking)

that's about all i eat, if i'm getting it all.

also, anyone have links to good gluten-free recipes? or meal ideas? it gets boring eating the same thing every day, lol.

thanks

The only items that I saw that I think could be risky would be the ones I bolded. Those you should contact the maker on to be sure, unless they are of the shell your own variety. If they are oil roasted they are likely safe but dry roasted ones with flavoring added can be an issue.

I get them from bulk bins, they aren't roasted... organic and no flavorings added.

Thanks for the responses! :)

Bulk bins...bad idea.

Bulk items are usually contaminated, whether other things have been put in the same bin and not cleaned out, or something gets dropped or mixed in, its just not safe.

Echo on the bulk bins. Risky stuff. They have got me good before on things that are supposedly gluten-free like plain nuts. Same scoop used to load all the bulk bins equals contamination of all the items. Say they start by scooping the organic whole wheat flour into the first bin, and then scoop the peanuts into the next bin. You might be ok if you washed the seeds etc first, but I don't know for sure.