David

Byob O.k. At Dive Bars?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone:

I have a pretty odd question, not sure if any one here has any experience this or something similar

I don't go to Bars much but last weekend when a friend has his bachelor party, one out of 4 bars we hit had Redbridge which at first shocked me a bit they carried it. Couldn't have it though (DD) and didn't want ot anyways since I love Bards much more but will tolerate it if I wasn't the DD. Do they carry any Hard Cider's? Might be your best bet depending on location.

I'd call ahead and see if they do carry anything you could drink and if not, ask if its possible.

The legality of this would depend on where you live. Here, you can not bring in food or drink. I have been to some places in other states where they do not serve liquor, but you can bring in your own. You would have to check in your area.

Try calling them and asking them first? I've been to bars where doing that would get your ass kicked, since we're talking "dives." You're probably better off learning to enjoy cheap wine, it will be better for you in the long run anyway. It is impractical to carry beer around when you go out. Cheap savignon blanc could become your best friend. Just my .02.

The legality of this would depend on where you live. Here, you can not bring in food or drink. I have been to some places in other states where they do not serve liquor, but you can bring in your own. You would have to check in your area.

Actually that is a grey area. I have brought in my own (in Seattle, it was an upscale place, however not a dive bar). It was a friend's home brewed blueberry champagne The rule was it had to be sealed (not opened prior to) and they charged a "un-corking fee".