Roda

Low Carb And Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I was searching for recipes on the internet and came across this. (I was in a food slump :lol: ) I have made it twice with various toppings and it is soooo good. I would rather eat this than those crappy ol gluten free pizza crusts homemade or otherwise. I was really suprised at how filling it was. Happy eats! ;)

http://theglutigirls.wordpress.com/2008/01...ten-free-pizza/

Before I knew of my dairy allergy, I would dump a can of chopped tomatoes in a small casserole, sprinkle with Italian herbs (now you can buy them already seasoned), smother with shredded cheese and put in the microwave. Tasted like pizza.

That looks delicious!

I do something similar--I shred 2 medium sized zucchini, squeeze out the moisture and mix with one egg and a couple big handfulls of mozzerella cheese.

Spread the mixture into a 9x13" baking dish lined with non-stick foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then add whatever topping you like and bake for another 30 minutes.

Sort of a pizza casserole that's easy to get out of the pan :D

Thanks for posting the link -- it looks great!

I was searching for recipes on the internet and came across this. (I was in a food slump :lol: ) I have made it twice with various toppings and it is soooo good. I would rather eat this than those crappy ol gluten free pizza crusts homemade or otherwise. I was really suprised at how filling it was. Happy eats! ;)

http://theglutigirls.wordpress.com/2008/01...ten-free-pizza/

Thanks! I will try this. Have been missing pizza since giving up most grains.

I have used frozen hash-brown potato patties to make very satisfactory mini-pizzas.