newceliac

Calcium Supplement

Rate this topic

I really need to take calcium supplements, however any I don't tolerate them very well. I am currently taking Citracal w/ D and magnesium. I have taken them for a few days and every time I take one, I end up with indigestion and heartburn starting about 1 hour after I take them.

Can anyone suggest a calcium supplement that is tolerable for an extremely sensitive digestive system? It has to be gluten-free/DF/SF.

Also, I have started taking Natural Calm magnesium powder and it tends to give me nausea. I take only 1/2 tsp. Will the nausea pass after my body gets used to it.

Thanks

I'm very sensitive and take Caltrate 600 w/D twice a day with no problem.

I'm assuming your DF means dairy-free? I'm drawing a blank otherwise. You might try Kirkman Labs vitamins and supplements. They have a very large variety of things that are allergen-free of many, many common allergens. Their website is www.kirkmanlabs.com. They are wonderful to work with. (they REALLY should pay me for as much as I plug them here, lol!)

I take Naturemade calcim/mag./D/zinc. The daily dose is 3 tab. I seemed to have a problem digesting them with dinner(they just sit in my gut all night) so start at breakfast and take the last one with an afternoon snack. I had to work up to the three. Took just one regularly and added one more at a time over time. Early on, I took a powdered supplement because I didn't seem to digest tablets well but eventually was able to handle tablets-introducing them slowly as I described. I tolerate them just fine now. Hope that helps