Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksymonds84

Rosacea

Finally went to a dermatologist today to determine my facial rash and was diagnosed with Rosecea. He gave me a prescription for Finacea because he says its his favorite. He believes that I can be treated topically since mine is still very mild but do have small patches of the little veins. He wants to see me in two months to make sure I am responding to treatment.

What I found interesting to share is that he said that the rosacea will react along with my food intolerances if I accidently get gluten or soy. I also was given a couple pamphlets on self care ect so I will follow the suggestions on sun care ect and hope that the finacea will reduce the redness in my face. I always look sunburnt!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Great info, tfs.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

That's interesting that your doc thinks the rosecea might react to foods. Congrats on getting a diagnosis. It's nice to have a name for things we experience.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

That's interesting that your doc thinks the rosecea might react to foods. Congrats on getting a diagnosis. It's nice to have a name for things we experience.

I agree, one of my pamphlets mentions a high rate of rosacea suffers reporting soy sauce and dairy as triggering their flushes. I already suffer from soy intolerance so that makes great sense to me. Within two hours of accidentally consuming soy, I will get acne, but now I know its really rosacea type acne.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free