ksymonds84

Rosacea

Rate this topic

Finally went to a dermatologist today to determine my facial rash and was diagnosed with Rosecea. He gave me a prescription for Finacea because he says its his favorite. He believes that I can be treated topically since mine is still very mild but do have small patches of the little veins. He wants to see me in two months to make sure I am responding to treatment.

What I found interesting to share is that he said that the rosacea will react along with my food intolerances if I accidently get gluten or soy. I also was given a couple pamphlets on self care ect so I will follow the suggestions on sun care ect and hope that the finacea will reduce the redness in my face. I always look sunburnt!

That's interesting that your doc thinks the rosecea might react to foods. Congrats on getting a diagnosis. It's nice to have a name for things we experience.

That's interesting that your doc thinks the rosecea might react to foods. Congrats on getting a diagnosis. It's nice to have a name for things we experience.

I agree, one of my pamphlets mentions a high rate of rosacea suffers reporting soy sauce and dairy as triggering their flushes. I already suffer from soy intolerance so that makes great sense to me. Within two hours of accidentally consuming soy, I will get acne, but now I know its really rosacea type acne.