Kathleen Smith

Probiotic Help

Rate this topic

Does anyone take probiotics? And if so, has it helped and can you suggest a gluten free brand for me to try?

I was diagnosed in April and went Gluten Free until August. Then I cheated and was sick for two months! Had all kinds of tests and just felt horribly nauseous everytday, all day. I posted on this site and everyone was so helpful and supportive and I wanted to say thanks again. I have been strictly gluten free since Sept and I am just now feeling better from my cheating in August. It really is correct when they say "no cheating". I learned the hard way.

Any suggestions on probiotics would be appreciated. I just started taking my multi vitamin again ( I stopped when I got so nauseous) and calcium plus D (I was only deficient in vitamin D).

Feeling better though and ready to take it to next level.

they really should start paying me as much as I plug them, lol! I have alot of other intolerances on top of the glutens and had to quit taking all my vitamins, etc. My dr. told me I needed probiotics to help my intestines but being lactose intolerant, I couldn't do the usual yogurts. I FINALLY found Kirkman Labs online. www.kirkmanlabs.com. They have a NICE selection of allergen-free products and are wonderful to work with should you have questions. I get my probiotics, Vit. D and Liquid Iron through them.

Glad to hear you figured out its better to be healthy than sick! Definitely worth the trouble...

I like NOW's Gr-8' acidophiles. They are enterically coated and completely gluten free. Could be stronger--however they agree with me. They get to where they are supposed to go since the coating keeps them from dissolving in the stomach.

I have trouble with super powerful (20 billion or more) kinds... If I need more as I did after taking antibiotics this fall, I still take the GR-8--just more of it at a time.

There are trace amounts of soy and lactose in them however so if that's a problem, try a different brand.

I take Align everyday and I'm not sure I could go without it. I went off it once and within 2 days I started getting stomach cramps, bloating, and nausea. It's been a life saver for me. Good luck!

I love PB8, it's super cheap as well.

I was having major stomach issues until I started PB8 and since taking I was able to get off of Cipro which I had been on for 6 months for a nasty infection.

http://www.vitacost.com/Nutrit...Now-PB-8-Acidophilus

If you take 4 a day like I do it turns out to be like $14 a month. It worked great for me and I hope it will work for others. I take twice the recommended dose because I have been on antibiotics for so long.

Thank you everyboday, I am going to check out all your suggestions right now! I appreciate the help!

In my Sunday paper I recently found a $5 off coupon for Align (it's $30 for a month supply around here!)