Eriella

Spotting During Periods On Birth Control?

Rate this topic

Hi--

I am on continuous birth control for a long list of female issues, and I have been spotting heavily on a daily basis for over a month. Around the same time, and then again two weeks ago, I ate gluten and I have yet to fully recover. I have been malnourished (I am not absorbing potassium and getting charlie horses) and was wondering if my birth control pill was not being absorbed correctly. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks!

Hi--

I am on continuous birth control for a long list of female issues, and I have been spotting heavily on a daily basis for over a month. Around the same time, and then again two weeks ago, I ate gluten and I have yet to fully recover. I have been malnourished (I am not absorbing potassium and getting charlie horses) and was wondering if my birth control pill was not being absorbed correctly. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks!

Yes it is definately a possibility. Talk to your doctor about this and for birth control also use a barrier method (condoms and or foam) to be on the safe side. Until you talk to your doctor use the barrier each time not just on the days your spotting.