Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glamour

I Have Just Read Some Info That Dh Can Be Caused By Other Things With No Evidence Of Celiac At All

A few years ago one of the findings of the NIH conference on celiac was that if you test positive for DH by biopsy, you should assume you have celiac and no further celiac testing is needed. Basically, if you have DH, you have or will have celiac. I can't say whether or not the science has changed since then, but I think standard advice among experts remains to go gluten-free.

I do know that, as mentioned in one article, DH can disappear without going gluten-free or taking dapsone. It happened to my father, although he still had celiac as diagnosed by blood tests and biopsy.

richard

I had a biopsy a couple of years ago, they said eczema/psoriasis, but I was not aware of DH. Who knows if they tested for it, or would even know what it was. They did it on my neck/scalp line which was really bad, and I think they tested right on it, because the entire area was covered.

I need to scrape up the money and get a biopsy from a DERM that is very familiar with DH and other unusual skin rashes, not just one that stops at eczema.