Internal-Disaster

Had Lyme Test & Several Lines Say Neg. 1 Says Present Westen Blot

Rate this topic

I am new here and very confused. I have been unwell of almost my whole 32 years and have been searching for why for 10 years with no success. I have to read daily all kinds of medical journals and or web sites on symptoms and or how the body works or on what different diseases are so I can try to find my own problem because doctors have never given me one answer except for telling me that I suffer from somatis or I am depressed and its symptoms from depression. 30 years later,depressed and alone, and broke because I am to unwell and cant hold a job anymore because of this ( iam still search for an answer) It has been recent that I was told I am gluten and casein intolerant and that is only after scrounging up money to go one time to a Integrative Dr adn to have those tests done. I have been doing lots of leg work though through the years, thought I had candida but never really showed much improvement just some. Now I am looking into a new reason possibly why I never show any signs of improvement. I want to rule out Lyme. Only problem is I hear it is extremely difficult. I went to my regular Dr and told him this is what I want to do ( i only went through him because right now I have state insurance taht will cover that test). On the test results I was told its neg. but I seen one line that said present on it while all others said neg.

can someone help me to determine are the dr's right or wrong. I have learned I have to question everything from these Regular Medical DR's

Please Help!!!

can anyone tell me if this westen blot test is what i should have done to get a correct diagnosis

Are you on the diet yet? If you have recently been diagnosed with gluten and casien intolerance I would get myself strictly on the diet for a couple of months and see what symptoms you are having that might clear up. Your in a great place to learn how to do so and to get some support in the process. Give the diet a chance to help and then if you are still having issues after a couple of months strictly gluten-free/CF pursue more testing for other isses you still have. You may be surprised how many things improve once you have gotten on to the diet and had a chance to heal.

If you had the regular Western Lyme blot test at your doctor's office, they test for 3 bands. You have to test positive on 2 out of the 3 bands to be declared positive on the CDC test. How did you see you had one band that was positive?

I have Lyme and it contributed to almost all my health problems. There's a thread here that you should read The Lyme Disease thread

I agree with ravenwoodglass. Give yourself a few months gluten and casein free. If that doesn't help you can look for a LLMD (lyme Literate Medical Doctor) here by your location:

Lyme Disease Association Doctor Referral