eeyore

Sugar Allergy?

Rate this topic

I've had joint pain, fatigue, and other symptoms continuing even though I stopped gluten and casein over a year ago and soy almost a year ago ...are these symptoms of a sugar allergy? Are there any other symptoms I should be looking out for?

Well, I have a problem with nightshade vegetables, ie, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant and paprika. they cause joint pain, swelling and fatigue for me. Now I also have a sugar sensitivity and that causes major fatigue, major drowsiness, where I have to take a nap for a couple of hours but no joint pain. All I can say is eleminate the nightshades and sugar then slowly reintroduce them, keep a journal of what you eat and your reactions. See if that helps any. Good luck

Thank you! I'll certainly try that!

Well, I have a problem with nightshade vegetables, ie, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant and paprika. they cause joint pain, swelling and fatigue for me. Now I also have a sugar sensitivity and that causes major fatigue, major drowsiness, where I have to take a nap for a couple of hours but no joint pain. All I can say is eleminate the nightshades and sugar then slowly reintroduce them, keep a journal of what you eat and your reactions. See if that helps any. Good luck

How did you learn about your intolerance to nightshade vegetables? Was it a skin test? I had skin test done too and I had sensitivity to brocoli and food like that and many other things but I dismissed it as soon as I left the allergist office. I have heard that skin test are not very reliable. However since then, I noticed some sensitivity to broccoli and maybe some other food. I have to do an elimination diet to know for sure.

I've had joint pain, fatigue, and other symptoms continuing even though I stopped gluten and casein over a year ago and soy almost a year ago ...are these symptoms of a sugar allergy? Are there any other symptoms I should be looking out for?

You could have candida. I suspect that for myself. You have to adopt a diet that will starve candida in your gut and stay away from sweet food even fruits for a while. Easily said than done. I have been trying for a long time and I always come back and have some sweet. I have just heard of the coconut diet and coconut oil being excellent for candida. But good luck, for me it gives me nausea and I can't stand the smell.

Nadia, I did the elimination diet.