Tasha2004

Mom Thinks She Ate Something Bad

Rate this topic

My 84 yr old Mom accidentally ate a walnut from the McDonalds fruit salad. She actually may not have even eaten the supposedly coated walnut, but spit it out (she's not sure).

That was last Wednesday and she is still complaining of problems today.

Mom tends to do things like take too many supplements, which also affect her tummy, and it's kind of hard sorting out how she really feels and what is causing what.

My question is, how long do the affects really last from something like this or is it different for everyone?

Thanks for any info you can reply with.

That's probably too long for a reaction from something she didn't completely digest. If she is healing with the gluten free diet her need for supplements may be changing. Can she reduce or cut in half the supplements - maybe trying one at a time depending on symptoms - to see if that could be her problem? You or she could do a search combining each supplement with the symptoms she's having and she if she's overdosing.

Hope this helps.

The walnuts are dusted with flour (they are they only nuts that I have seen like this) and therefore not gluten free, although they are kept in separate packaging.

Your mothers reaction time will vary, as well as over supplimenting can also cause tummy issues.

Thanks for the replies. I think she is doing better.

She's been Celiac for many many years, and this hasnt happened very often.

We just didnt read carefully on the label.

The nuts were not on the fruit, but she did almost eat one.