bellis

I Stink

Rate this topic

for the past week, quite frankly, i have horrible stinky gas. I litterally mad my brother in law throw up at Christmas. kind of funny really. Anyway, i have been gluten-free for about 3.5 months and have been doing great. Over the last week, in the evenings usually, i start to get dizzy and stinky. BAD! I have been eating cereal with lactose free milk almost daily. Lots of fruit and veggies, rice and chicken. A little bit of everything. the only thing i have been doing more regularly is the milk thing. Should i be staying off the lactose free milk too? Does Gas cause dizziness? My poor family! Help me stop the stink!

Why don't you try switching to almond or hemp milk, or even soy if that doesn't bother you? See if that makes a difference. I stayed off all dairy milk for a good year before I started using the Lactaid milk, and then only in cooking..

I had to go 100% dairy free awhile after being gluten free, because dairy was messing me up so badly. Dairy always messed me up, but it wasn't until I started healing from all the gluten poisoning that I was able to really see. I don't know about lactose free milk... because for me, it isn't the lactose. It's probably the casein or something else in the dairy. Because I know goats milk is supposed to be lactose free *(or close)* and I am just as intolerant to that as I am regular dairy. I recommend staying away from all dairy. I had heaps of improvement just from going dairy free, let alone going soy and corn free, which followed.

If you have been using the milk all along with no issues my guess would be that you have gotten gluten somewhere. What have you been eating this week that you weren't a couple weeks ago? Any new scripts or refills of generics that haven't been checked? Any new supplements? What has changed?

for the past week, quite frankly, i have horrible stinky gas. I litterally mad my brother in law throw up at Christmas. kind of funny really. Anyway, i have been gluten-free for about 3.5 months and have been doing great. Over the last week, in the evenings usually, i start to get dizzy and stinky. BAD! I have been eating cereal with lactose free milk almost daily. Lots of fruit and veggies, rice and chicken. A little bit of everything. the only thing i have been doing more regularly is the milk thing. Should i be staying off the lactose free milk too? Does Gas cause dizziness? My poor family! Help me stop the stink!

That is one of the main things I realized about myself with this Celiac(had not been diagnosed as of then) But I noticed and so did my husband that my farts(gas) were horrible! I had rumblings in my gut a lot, I really thought i had IBS since that was what my first GI Dr. thought it was. Too many GI Dr.s assume without testing you and listening to your other symptoms, like stools that float, are hard to flush inless you have a good toilet to suck them down. I never had the severe pains, but just going to the BR a lot and loosing a lot of weight wich is a definate indicator.

Everyone's given you good advice.

The only thing I would add is to look at the type and amounts of veggies you've been eating. Some of them are notorious for giving people gas, especially when eaten raw.

Jennifer

Hi! I'm new to the blog... but I hope I can be of some help. I had the same type of gas! You're right - it's terrible! I was diagnosed August 29, 2008 and began a gluten-free diet that evening. The gas never let up until I took the gluten out of every household and personal care product I owned. The only thing that still contains gluten in my home, that I know of, is the carpet. I never sit on it or walk bare foot on it and I seem to be doing pretty well. The only time I have gas now is if I eat baked beans, or something with lots of onions, more than one meal at a time. You know how sometimes you make something and have leftovers? Well, I can't eat the left overs without getting the gas. But, it's not the same type of gas. So, maybe you just need to give yourself more time to heal inside, or maybe you need to remove some other products with gluten from your home. My shoes that contained gluten were the last things I removed from my home! I'm feeling so much better since that move, and my feet have never looked better!

If you have been using the milk all along with no issues my guess would be that you have gotten gluten somewhere. What have you been eating this week that you weren't a couple weeks ago? Any new scripts or refills of generics that haven't been checked? Any new supplements? What has changed?

i had been using lactose free milk sparingly, cereal with milk here and there. I tried regular cheese on some food over the holidays. Looking back at 1 and a half weeks of family gatherings, i was a little more daring with some dairy products than normal. Your suspicion that i've been glutened would fall in line with some of the unusual cramping i felt yesterday. I began my gluten free diet after three days of very intense painful cramping that left me sleepless for days. I am very careful not to eat anything i have'nt personally prepared myself for fear of that pain. But last week i ate things that others prepared, even though they swore it was gluten free,"I didn't put any bread in it!", people don't quite understand that it is in everything. I've cut out dairy since yesterday, and the gas has subsided. taking Acidophilus and multi-vitamins (both gluten-free) regularly. THe dizziness is still here, not as bad. Ginger ale seems to help that. I had bad dizzy spells in my past as well, now i think of those as my early celiac symptoms. I have been battling a cold/sore throat for a week as well. I Hate gluten.

THank you to everyone who has responded, i will take all advice in mind. All of my symptoms can be scary and nerve racking at times, but reading these forums really helps me when i see others with similar problems. Misery loves company. THanks

Hi! I'm new to the blog... but I hope I can be of some help. I had the same type of gas! You're right - it's terrible! I was diagnosed August 29, 2008 and began a gluten-free diet that evening. The gas never let up until I took the gluten out of every household and personal care product I owned. The only thing that still contains gluten in my home, that I know of, is the carpet. I never sit on it or walk bare foot on it and I seem to be doing pretty well. The only time I have gas now is if I eat baked beans, or something with lots of onions, more than one meal at a time. You know how sometimes you make something and have leftovers? Well, I can't eat the left overs without getting the gas. But, it's not the same type of gas. So, maybe you just need to give yourself more time to heal inside, or maybe you need to remove some other products with gluten from your home. My shoes that contained gluten were the last things I removed from my home! I'm feeling so much better since that move, and my feet have never looked better!

I've removed it from all of my cupboards. I suppose the next step is the inedibles in the home! It is good advice, but expensive! is there a list available of common household items that are safe/unsafe? thanks