1 1
rebe09

Worcestershire Sauce

Rate this topic

Does Worcestershire sauce have gluten?

Most do. If you are in the US, Lea & Perrins is gluten free.

Most do. If you are in the US, Lea & Perrins is gluten free.

That's what I assumed. Over the Christmas break I ate something at a party and Worcestershire sauce was an ingredient and without even thinking twice I ate it. That explains why I didn't feel the greatest the next few days following the party.

French's and Heinz are also gluten free in the US.

On the contrary, in the U.S. most don't. In fact, I can't name one that does have gluten. Canada is different.

richard

On the contrary, in the U.S. most don't. In fact, I can't name one that does have gluten. Canada is different.

richard

My apologies. I stand corrected.

In the US, Lea & Perrins is gluten-free. The version sold in Canada is made in Canada under licence and uses malt vinegar (the US one has distilled vinegar). It is the same recipe according to L&P--I guess it just calls for "vinegar" without specifying the source or type. I get the good gluten-free stuff with the help of a friend in Michigan.

A great sub is Bragg's Liquid Aminos, maybe you can find it somewhere.

I have a recipe calling for Worcestershire sauce. I am confused with the research on line. Heinz is not gluten free but lea and Perkins is gluten-free in the us. ( both apparently made by Heinz. Is there a gluten-free worchestershire sauce that I can buy in Canada.

12 hours ago, Corinne Dunphy said:

I have a recipe calling for Worcestershire sauce. I am confused with the research on line. Heinz is not gluten free but lea and Perkins is gluten-free in the us. ( both apparently made by Heinz. Is there a gluten-free worchestershire sauce that I can buy in Canada.

Order the American Lea and perkins on amazon?