Guest Patch

Carmel Coloring E150

Rate this topic

Guest Patch

Coke, any brown whiskey, like scotch, bourbon, dark rum, etc, also fake maple syrup, and soy sauce that does not have wheat, has carmel, and lots of other sauces like bar-b-que and wing sauces. Any time I have symptoms I can trace it back to some tasty sauce I ate yesterday. I am really pissed with IHOP for mixing in pancake mix in to the nice omelettes they make so that it will be fluffy. I am also pissed with my oriental foods guy for using flour on my chicken and vegi stir fried. On the other hand, I am pleased with myself for eating really good wholesome pure foods, and the 25 pounds of weight lost by not eating donuts and bagles and waffles and pancakes and toast and pies, and cakes, and pies with crust and all the millions of fried foods with flour coating, and beers. Thank God for Redbridge and a world of great wines.

Coke, any brown whiskey, like scotch, bourbon, dark rum, etc, also fake maple syrup, and soy sauce that does not have wheat, has carmel, and lots of other sauces like bar-b-que and wing sauces. Any time I have symptoms I can trace it back to some tasty sauce I ate yesterday. I am really pissed with IHOP for mixing in pancake mix in to the nice omelettes they make so that it will be fluffy. I am also pissed with my oriental foods guy for using flour on my chicken and vegi stir fried. On the other hand, I am pleased with myself for eating really good wholesome pure foods, and the 25 pounds of weight lost by not eating donuts and bagles and waffles and pancakes and toast and pies, and cakes, and pies with crust and all the millions of fried foods with flour coating, and beers. Thank God for Redbridge and a world of great wines.

Carmel Color should not be a gluten issue. I think that you are depriving yourself needlessly. :)

Everything I've read has said caramel color is okay. I think that is a celiac urban myth isn't it?

Caramel color is one of those celiac urban myths that just won't go away.

Here is Shelley Case's take on it, from Gluten-Free Diet A Comprehensive Resource Guide:

Although gluten-containing ingredients (barley malt syrup and starch hydrolysates) can be used in the production of caramel color, North American companies use corn as it has a longer shelf life and makes a superior product. European companies use glucose derived from wheat starch, however caramel color is highly processed and contains no gluten.
[Emphasis in original]