This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Wahoo! :) :) :)

Emme999

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey guess what?? There was a cancellation and now I get to have my endoscopy tomorrow morning rather than next Thursday! Wahoo!! Now I can get off gluten and be happy!!! Yay!!!

I just wanted to tell all of you this cool stuff :) I am so happy :D

I don't have to gluten binge anymore! I can start taking care of myself! Yay!!!

I love you guys!!!

- Michelle :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yay...good luck! :D. We love you, too :lol:;)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

That's awesome!!! Good luck and keep us all posted. We all love ya 2 :D

flagbabyds Collaborator

Good Luck! We love you muchly, and even if the test comes back negative, you know that you have to do gluten free anyway! :)

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Yipie! Good luck from me, too. We all love you! :lol:

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Me too! Good luck and let us know how it goes.......

Luv ya too! :D

Karen

Emme999 Enthusiast

Thank you all so much :)

Please send me healing/happy vibes around 8:45 a.m. mountain time ;) That's when I'll be having the procedure done and I will probably need them!

No wait! Don't send them too me until after about 9:30a.m. mountain time - we don't want to screw up the biopsy labs ;) Go ahead and send me nasty intestinal vibes earlier so that we can get a definitive diagnosis!

I talked to a gastroenterologist tonight and he said that (with my symptoms) he would be really surprised if my villi don't present celiac disease. I hope that he's right - just because I want this waiting game to end. That will absolutely suck if they tell me I don't have it after I am so sure that I do!

Those crazy villi. I wonder what's left of them..?

I will let you all know as soon as I find out!

You are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people. I'm so glad I've had the chance to see that such fabulous people are out there :)

Wish me luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Okay! Right now it's...about 5 your time, so I'll make sure not to think anything until about 11:30 ET... LOL...no good intestinal vibes before, though.

Good luck! Just not intestinal yet :lol:

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I am home and it went really well. Thanks for any positive vibes you may have sent me.

It was completely painless and effortless and now it's over and I can go gluten-free! Yay!

Life is wonderful :)

Now I am going to go and pass out in my bed. I'm so so so sleepy! -_-

Thank you again for all of the sweet thoughts you wrote and sent me. I love you all very much :)

mommida Enthusiast

I'm glad to know everything went well. Welcome to the gluten free club.

Laura

celiac3270 Collaborator

Congratulations :D. Now add to your signature: gluten-free since May 11, 2005! ;)

Emme999 Enthusiast

Good idea! Thanks celiac3270 ;)

Guest nini

glad to hear it went well and you are home and resting. I hope you start feeling better very soon!

egardner Newbie

Hey guys- how do I make my signature? On my posts, ya know, where it says how long I've been gluten-free? Sorry-I'm a little computer retarded. Thx- EG

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Go up to my controls and then hit edit signature and type what you want :D

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Michelle,

So glad you are home and it is over with and now you can start a whole new phase of your life!

Get some rest now!

Karen

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Hi Michelle,

I'm glad it went so well, too :) . As soon as you get the results you have to tell us...

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey I just found the outpatient papers that they sent home with my parents (nice that they told me about 'em, eh? <_< ) !

Findings:

- The examined esophagus was normal (yay!)

- The entire examined stomach was normal (yay!)

- Diffuse moderately erythematous and atrophic mucosa without active bleeding and with no stigmata of bleeding was found in the 2nd pare of the duodenum and in the 3rd part of the duodenum. Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for histology.

Impression: Erythematous atrophic duodenopathy. Consistent with celiac sprue.

Recommendations: Await pathology results.

So, there we go - just waiting for the labs now.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Congratulations ;) sorta...I mean, while you'd be better off w/o celiac disease, at least this answers your questions :D

Emme999 Enthusiast

Thanks celiac3270 :)

Hey, I am having these really weird pains today. I feel like someone is pinching me *really hard* a little to the right of my belly button. Is this normal?

Am I gonna die??? :o

(If so, please sue the University of Utah hospital as fellow Celiac patients and use the money to get some research done)

(Then put lots of gluten-free flowers on my grave)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Waw, are you really scared? :( If so, contact a dr. You'll be fine and we're thinking of you ;)

plantime Contributor

Sorry, Michelle, I don't think you are going to die. I had the same kind of pains after my biopsy, I just figured it was because samples were "cut" out of my intestines. Try eating a soft, low-residue diet for a week. It helped me muchly to eat that way!

Emme999 Enthusiast

Nope I didn't die ;)

I think I must have some kind of special purpose in this life ... :wacko:

Thanks for caring ;)

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey my doctor called me today to discuss the biopsy:

Him: "So, you were thinking that you had Celiac Sprue..?"

Me: Yes..

Him: "Well... You're right!"

Me: So how damaged are the villi?

Him: "They're flat."

So, anyway, he told me that his nurse will call me in the next couple of days to set up an appointment so that we can "talk about it for a long time" ;) Then he said, "But you probably already know a lot about it just from the internet, huh?"

I'm lucky I have such educated friends ;)

So - there we go. A definitive diagnosis. Not that I really questioned it, but now no one else can argue with me about it ;)

Thanks guys!!

ianm Apprentice

Now you can finally get on the road to good health.

Archived