minniejack

Cadbury Easter Eggs

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried these in the past year or so. I've read old posts that say that they're okay, but nothing recent.

Anybody out there willing to be a guinea pig? Or already was one?

Oo- I have been wondering the same thing...

Bought 5 last week, looked at the big box holding the eggs so I wouldn't have to strain my eyes seeing the foil wrapping. Nothing at all about wheat.

Me and DS14 who are highly sensitive ate 2 each and DD16 ate one. Delish and no one was sick!! We were a little scared of the 1st bite, but it was so yummy...

and then to not get sick, as the commercial says, "Priceless".

There's another post going started Feb. 14 saying wheat was listed on the ingredients of theirs...

I bought a couple last year. I noticed on the lable it had glucose syrup (wheat) on it. I did eat them and I did not experience a problem. I have not looked at any this year yet.

I bought a couple last year. I noticed on the lable it had glucose syrup (wheat) on it. I did eat them and I did not experience a problem. I have not looked at any this year yet.

...That's because glucose syrup means "sugar syrup", literally. It's usually synonymous with corn syrup. Glucose and gluten are not the same thing--one's sugar, one's a protein; one's derived from corn or sugar, the other from wheat, rye, barley, etc.

...That's because glucose syrup means "sugar syrup", literally. It's usually synonymous with corn syrup. Glucose and gluten are not the same thing--one's sugar, one's a protein; one's derived from corn or sugar, the other from wheat, rye, barley, etc.

Glucose syrup can be wheat derived. That is why the label says "glucose syrup 'wheat'". Due to FDA regs if anything is derived from wheat it has to be labeled as such and that is what this company is doing. Some of us may be able to tolerate it just fine. I am not one of them.

Glucose syrup can be wheat derived. That is why the label says "glucose syrup 'wheat'". Due to FDA regs if anything is derived from wheat it has to be labeled as such and that is what this company is doing. Some of us may be able to tolerate it just fine. I am not one of them.

-----

Yes, some very sensitive can react to glucose syrup derived from wheat, but generally, it's highly processed and safe for most people with Celiac.

Which I realized when I was a little more awake. It's been a long day and I didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

Which I realized when I was a little more awake. It's been a long day and I didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

You didn't come off as a jerk at all. You are right that glucose is a sugar and it isn't common here in the US for it to be wheat derived. Or to see it labeled that way. I think it is more common in stuff from Europe but I could be wrong.