hazeleyez682

Desperate For Help.

Rate this topic

Hello all. I need some advice as i am kind of freaking out a bit. In october i went to my PCP with complaints of constant soft stool or diarreah. I had also been getting sick alot and look horribly unhealthy. After tests she advised i go gluten-free. Which of course i did. Since then my symtoms have not gotten much better and i have lost 30lbs over a little less than a year! I'm seeing the doc again nexxt Monday, but maybe you guys can give insight and ease my mind. Thanks all

gluten-free/DF since October 09

Hello all. I need some advice as i am kind of freaking out a bit. In october i went to my PCP with complaints of constant soft stool or diarreah. I had also been getting sick alot and look horribly unhealthy. After tests she advised i go gluten-free. Which of course i did. Since then my symtoms have not gotten much better and i have lost 30lbs over a little less than a year! I'm seeing the doc again nexxt Monday, but maybe you guys can give insight and ease my mind. Thanks all

gluten-free/DF since October 09

Can you tell us what kind of tests you had?

Can you tell us what kind of tests you had?

the only test she gave me was the blood test.

the only test she gave me was the blood test.

Based on the limited info you provided, my guess would be you have some secondary food intolerances. ARe you keeping a food diary? Also, are you taking enzymes and probiotics? These seem to aid in healing.

Most Celiacs have secondary food intolerances, and thankfully, most of them go away after a period of keeping your diet free of those foods.

Can you describe your symptoms in more detail?

I would also ask if you've checked for hidden sources of gluten and/or cross contamination - soy sauce, salad dressings, "rice" cereals with barley malt, shared toasters or cutting boards, toothpaste, etc.

I have secondary food intolorances to milk and dairy an eggs seem to be an issue as well as they give me a terrible stomache ache! I take a probiotic ( acidopolus) calcium, vit c, Vit E, grapeseed extract, and a daily multi. All gluten-free DF lables.

Toothpaste i always use crest? Is that a gluten-free lable?? Which is best?

CC- I threw out my toaster , cutting board, strainers, and any cracked damaged pans. I always line pans with foil, or wax paper to prevent CC. My boyfiend who lives with me agreed to keeping a gluten-free kitchen and i worry little about him bringing in things. But in case i designante a shelf for him as well as dishtowels and sponges for washing any non gluten-free dishes. I feel like i covered so many bases, what could i be missing?

Oh nad cereals, Always Chex gluten-free brand and Puffins gluten-free rice cereal all gluten-free right on lable, use silk soy milk.

I believe all toothpastes in North America are gluten free.

Sounds like you're pretty thorough and that your boyfriend is very supportive, lucky you ;)

If you are overly sensitive, you might want to consider checking the labels on your soaps, cosmetics, shampoos etc. And pet foods if you have pets. Some people think it's a bit overkill, but it's up to you.

Oh nad cereals, Always Chex gluten-free brand and Puffins gluten-free rice cereal all gluten-free right on lable, use silk soy milk.

I suggest you get rid of all the soy in your diet. There are non-soy milk alternatives available. Also, just because your vitamins are gluten free, doesn't mean they are safe for you. You could have additional intolerances besides gluten that are causing problems. If one of your vitamins has that item in it, then you would be dosing your self with an irritant. So taking a break from all your vitamins for 2 weeks might be good idea. That would probably be enough time to see if it made any difference. Multivitamins would be the most likely to cause a problem since they have so many ingredients.

Thanks for the advice. I will give the vitamins a break. Out of curosity could i also be intolorant of corn. As a snack i often have Santatitas corn chips made by lays. Stated is gluten-free,DF,casine free?

corn and soy are probably the other most common intolerances/allergies after wheat and dairy. I can't even smell corn from the other side of the room without feeling nauseous.

corn and soy are probably the other most common intolerances/allergies after wheat and dairy. I can't even smell corn from the other side of the room without feeling nauseous.

ok, thanks im going to eliminate corn and soy. Lets see what happens. Thanks again.