Rate this topic

I want to make a chex mix to take on the plane with me for our trip to Florida next week. I was reading the ingredients of glutino pretzels and it says contains soy. The only soy I see in the ingredients is soy lecithin which I have been okay with lately. Another ingredient is cellulose gum could this also be soy? In short, does anyone else with a soy intolerance (that can do soy lecithin) find that they can eat these pretzels okay?

I can't do soy protein But I scarfed a huge bag of glutino pretzels over a few days and had no problems.

I can't do soy protein But I scarfed a huge bag of glutino pretzels over a few days and had no problems.

Thank you! I will give them a shot :)

Thank you! I will give them a shot :)

I buy the Wylde pretzels from Ener-G for my daughter. No soy in those. You do have to be careful though because the Ener-G brand do contain soy and they look a lot alike.

I like the Wylde too--they'd be the perfect size for a chex mix.

As far as the Glutino questions, I'm soy intolerant and can handle lecithin. Cellulose doesn't contain soy as far as I know.

So in the interests of protecting your health, I scarfed down a huge pile of glutino pretzels for dinner, with a side of sesame pretzels for variety. ok, the power was out and this is what I had.

anyway. My first soy reaction is stomach pain. I may have had a tiny bit of that, or I may have just eaten too many pretzels. Either way, a non-full meal volume of pretzels would have been no problem, a meals worth was a bit too much.

So in the interests of protecting your health, I scarfed down a huge pile of glutino pretzels for dinner, with a side of sesame pretzels for variety. ok, the power was out and this is what I had.

anyway. My first soy reaction is stomach pain. I may have had a tiny bit of that, or I may have just eaten too many pretzels. Either way, a non-full meal volume of pretzels would have been no problem, a meals worth was a bit too much.

LOL I've done stuff like that too such as half bag of corn chips with almost a whole can of bean dip....made my stomach slightly hurt too but didn't have any other options...hee hee.

I will try a few and see how it goes!

Thanks again!