sandsurfgirl

Awesome White Bread!

Rate this topic

I just baked a loaf of Gluten Free Pantry French bread and Pizza Crust mix and it is amazing. I used the oven recipe not the bread machine method. It calls for either milk or water and I made it with water.

The recipe includes vinegar, which surprised me. It holds together well. Tastes great and doesn't crumble. It got a nice high rise on it and I am so happy! It really looks like a regular loaf of white bread.

I toasted it for the sandwich. It still has to be toasted like other gluten free breads, but I didn't have to toast it crunchy, just warm it a bit in the toaster.

I am intolerant of tapioca at the moment and it has no tapioca which is very nice!

It's actually made by Glutino but it says Gluten Free Pantry on the box.

I just baked a loaf of Gluten Free Pantry French bread and Pizza Crust mix and it is amazing. I used the oven recipe not the bread machine method. It calls for either milk or water and I made it with water.

The recipe includes vinegar, which surprised me. It holds together well. Tastes great and doesn't crumble. It got a nice high rise on it and I am so happy! It really looks like a regular loaf of white bread.

I toasted it for the sandwich. It still has to be toasted like other gluten free breads, but I didn't have to toast it crunchy, just warm it a bit in the toaster.

I am intolerant of tapioca at the moment and it has no tapioca which is very nice!

Glad you enjoyed it! I've been making this regularly for 5 years, as I'm also intolerant to tapioca. GFP has several mixes that are delicious and don't include tapioca. The pancake mix, cornbread mix, white cake mix, truffle brownie mix (to die for), and pie crust mixes are all very good.

I slice the loaf after it completely cools and store in the freezer in a zip lock bag. It also makes excellent bread crumbs and cubes for stuffing.

The vinegar acts as a dough enhancer--most if not all gluten-free bread doughs include it.

I will try that. Thanks. I think the tapioca has a flavor thats a little odd, not bad, for bread.

We also use this regularly. We make the bread in a bread machine.

We also make great pizza crusts from it. We use a recipe that was once included in the package, but no longer is. I will post it in the recipe section, and then come back here to post a link.

We make cro

Thanks Peter!!

I'm so happy I found this because I'm pretty sure my 5 year old son has celiac. We are getting him tested next week with the blood panel. I was worried about giving him a good bread for PB and J sandwiches.

Why do you have to freeze and not refrigerate it?

We don't freeze it. Bread and partially baked pizza crusts are stored in the fridge in extra-large Ziploc storage bags.

If you don't want to bother with making your own...you should try Udi's bread. It is soooo good. It is soft and stays on the counter..doesn't need toasting...although it makes wonderful grilled cheese!