grumpybear

Restarants

Rate this topic

I am new to all this. I just found out a month ago. I have a 5year old and myself that has it. I am looking for local restrants that have gluten free item so when out my family have a option of eating out instead of going home.

Olive Garden, Red Lobster ( I think you have to call ahead) Chili's, Applebee's.

Basically any chain restaurant will either have a gluten free menu, or you can find menu items online. Make sure you let your server know about your issues.

I don't think Red Lobster and Applebees are good! Both have a disclaimer on their websites that they can not guarantee cross contamination and that people with food allergies should order with caution. Neither has a gluten-free menu.

PF Changs has a gluten-free menu.

I don't think Red Lobster and Applebees are good! Both have a disclaimer on their websites that they can not guarantee cross contamination and that people with food allergies should order with caution. Neither has a gluten-free menu.

PF Changs has a gluten-free menu.

I don't think any restaurant that isn't completely gluten free can guarantee there won't be cross contamination.

I don't think any restaurant that isn't completely gluten free can guarantee there won't be cross contamination.

True, but I have read here that those two are not good places to eat if you need gluten-free. I don't know much about Red Lobster. I don't like seafood and am allergic to oysters so wouldn't attempt to eat there. But Applebees? They have wheat in their chicken! Everything comes frozen.

Olive Garden has some gluten-free options. The pasta is safe because it comes already made and just has to be heated. You do have to watch the salad though. We asked for no croutons and there was one on top of our salad. They will also give you bread even if you ask for gluten-free.

Outback restaurant has a gluten free menu. I've eaten there several times, and had very good experiences. I hope this would be the same at each Outback site, but I've only eaten at the one in our area.

I wonder if eating gluten free would be easier at a small, family owned restaurant, or at a big chain? Any thoughts?

Outback restaurant has a gluten free menu. I've eaten there several times, and had very good experiences. I hope this would be the same at each Outback site, but I've only eaten at the one in our area.

I wonder if eating gluten free would be easier at a small, family owned restaurant, or at a big chain? Any thoughts?

We prefer the small, family owned places. They will usually work with us and they remember us. Of course it helps that we tend to order the same thing all the time. We have multiple food allergies so really no choice.

We eat at Cielito Lindo (my son always gets hard tacos), Ruby Tuesday, Buffalo Wild Wings, Fuddruckers.

As of this spring, Bud & Walt's Pizza & Pasta in Nixa now serves gluten-free pizza. I think they also can provide gluten-free salads and will cook your gluten-free pasta and add their sauces, etc, and were planning to add gluten-free brownies. My son just cares about the pizza - we've been there twice in the past month.

I have found the more upscale restaurants to be better able to care for me. I mean the ones with a chef as opposed to a cook. In those places each dinner is usually made to order, so it is easy to leave off something or substitute an ingerdient. I have frequebtly had waiters take my "dining card" to the chef, who then reccommends one or a few items from the menu.

Question???? We are going to an Italian restaurant tonight, one I've never been to. It'll be safest for me to have a salad, but is Caesar Salad safe? Without the croutons, of course. We are meeting people there, was not my choice for dinner out. Thanks!