Rate this topic

We were having a bad storm here in the Pacific Northwest. I don't think it's over but has subsided. Lost our power. I had just come back on and not long after I heard the most horrid noise. Sounded like the roof coming off.

As it turns out, it was in fact the roof coming off. Or the tiles anyway. I grabbed down the ones that had slid to the edge of the roof.

With more rain coming, I hadn't a clue what to do. Was on the Internet looking it up when the doorbell rang.

There was a man there I did not know. Said he was a neighbor on the next street over. Pointed to his house. Said he could see the damage on my roof and if I had a tarp, he could put it on. I did not.

I didn't know what to do. Daughter and I had to leave to go to the dentist. So I asked if I gave him some money, could he go buy a tarp and put it on? He said he could.

We left, hoping we had not been scammed.

Well we came back and he is on the roof, putting up the tarp. He said he does roofing for a living and will come back tomorrow and do a real repair, assuming that I have enough tiles to do the job. I just happen to have extra tiles. If not, he will do it on Monday when the store is open.

wow! I think my faith in humanity has been restored B)

What a great neighbor!

This got even better! He used the 3 Tab shingles I had stashed away (the job took all but one of them) and has already fixed the roof. And for a very good price as well!

This got even better! He used the 3 Tab shingles I had stashed away (the job took all but one of them) and has already fixed the roof. And for a very good price as well!

You know how to thank him? Tell everyone you know how awesome he is and give out a bunch of cards! What a cool dude!

What a great guy. I am glad the damage wasn't too bad. Hope today is sunnier for you.

Today is really good. Had a really good dinner and it's gluten-free. Not my recipe but here it is:

http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Chicken%20Recuerdos%20de%20Tucson.pdf

I accidentally took off 4 cloves of garlic, so used them all. Used three, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Not enough chicken compared to the amount of veggies. Next time will double (or more) the amount and have leftovers. Also thickened the broth with a little sweet rice flour. I only did that because husband was clamoring for his food. Otherwise I would have cooked it down more, or... I could have just served it in bowls. But we had fancy Easter plates I wanted to use, so needed something less brothy.

On the side I had boiled, new potatoes with parsley and butter and some black olives. Daughter and I just loved this! Super good flavor. Husband said he didn't like it but he's an old fuss pot.