hypersof

Just Venting a Bit

Rate this topic

Here I am, 1month gluten-free and it has been great!

But I think I got glutened last week -no idea from what exactly!

So, I had the digestion symptoms coming back 5 days ago; took some gas-x and miralax the 1st day and it helped making them go away...my digestive tract feels ok now, but the fatigue/ brain fog, and my dyshidrosis & acne came back too -I feel like crap.

I hope this isn't going to last too long, 'cause this is tough and right now I just miss so much feeling good again!

So I guess I just needed to write it down, it helps a little bit already.

And I wanted to thank all of you guys, it's been a while I'm hanging around the board and reading treads, and it is fantastic how it helps reading your stories (for all the info, and the support!)

Sophie

Sorry for the title typo, I meant "..Venting a Bit" of course :)

I hope you feel better! How long do the symptoms usually last if you accidentally digest gluten? Hopefully not too long.

I understand how you feel about the board, this has been great for me to have somewhere I can go to learn more and ask for help.

I hope you feel better! How long do the symptoms usually last if you accidentally digest gluten? Hopefully not too long.

I understand how you feel about the board, this has been great for me to have somewhere I can go to learn more and ask for help.

Well, I think this is the first time I got glutened, so I have no idea how long this "usually" lasts...I guess I'll find out now :)

Sorry for the title typo, I meant "..Venting a Bit" of course :)

I thought maybe you type with an exotic accent. I just type with a boring Midwest one.

Sorry you feel bad. I know that my iron pills & some of my vitamins bug me sometimes (no gluten just hard to process). Am having a vitamin holiday today.

Hi,

I have been gluten free for YEARS, so I was so surprised last week to be feeling really lousy after lunch a couple of days in a row. Come to find out, the shrimp sauce I thought was okay was not--it listed WHEAT as an ingredient! I think now I must go back to square one and really be diligent about reading the ingredients in everything. Hope you are doing great today and that you are getting over being glutened. Good ending to my story was that I slept like a baby last night, once that was all out of my system. Best wishes.

kareng, this time it was a typo but at times my sentences can seem strange -it's because I'm french :)

welda, it's interesting. I am so focused on understanding the diet & feeling better now, that I didn't even think about how it must feel being an old pro of the gluten-free diet...I guess we all have our distracted moments, weather we're newbies or not ;) otherwise, I also guess (hope?) that it gets easier??

anyway, thanks again for your replies!

feels better already, just to read you -and I'm sure I'll wake up feeling even better tomorrow!

Sophie