This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My 2010 Celiac Campaign Has Begun.

imracin68j

imracin68j Rookie

Well, I lost my mom to intestinal cancer last October. After doing some research I found celiac disease. Played it safe and had my daughter tested and she came back positive. Mine came back negative but many of my symptoms growing up were exactly like my mom and daughter. We are all going gluten free and I'm on a mission to inform as many people as I can. I work at the News paper and just wrote a column on celiac disease and I'm running a celiac disease awareness campaign on my racecar and race site. I don't think I'm allowed to show you the site but it offers race fans information on celiac disease as well. Here's a couple photos of me and my car. Our slogan for 2010: "Not knowing doesn't cut it."

26581_381275737105_718292105_395847.webp

CD2010.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jackay Enthusiast

Thanks for what you are doing. Making others aware can go a long way in helping many figure out what is wrong with them, while hopefully getting the general public aware and more understanding of what this is all about.

kareng Grand Master

Found your website. I know you are kind of a haul from Kansas City but do you ever race your modified at Lakeside? I'll come cheer for you. I think this is great.

Daughter is adorable, too.

GFinDC Veteran

That's great that you are working to raise awareness!

Here is a link to the gluten-free challenge going on in May. Pamela's Products is sponsoring the challenge. I thot it might be something yoo would like to share with your friends.

Open Original Shared Link

Welcome to the first ever Gluten-Free Challenge! Let's bring everyone to the table, the meal table ... TOGETHER!!!!

What is the Gluten-Free Challenge?

We are challenging everyone to spend one weekend living completely gluten-free. That's it, it's that simple.

When is the Gluten-Free Challenge?

The weekend of May 22 & 23, right in the heart of Gluten-free Awareness Month.

What else?

We'll have drawings for free product giveaways throughout the month leading up to the Challenge. So, don't forget to sign-up early for more chances to win free products, receive the daily recipes and tips, and share your experiences.

imracin68j Rookie

Well that's a long haul from California. I applaud your skills at finding my site. My daughter has taken all of this very well. They days of asking for a happy meal are over. We're all better for it. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Well that's a long haul from California. I applaud your skills at finding my site. My daughter has taken all of this very well. They days of asking for a happy meal are over. We're all better for it. :)

tis true. Sometimes you need a gentle nudge to head yourself in the right direction, and other times you need to be chucked off a cliff. :blink: :blink:

survived the fall, now working on making things better.

Mskedi Newbie

I just checked out your website -- you've got a nice write-up on Celiac on there, and the story is very much like my own family's. I'm not too far from you -- maybe someday I'll see you race. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived